P.E.T.A.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Free Willy!
SAN DIEGO — A federal court is being asked to grant constitutional rights to five killer whales who perform at marine parks — an unprecedented and perhaps quixotic legal action that is nonetheless likely to stoke an ongoing, intense debate at America’s law schools over expansion of animal rights.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is accusing the SeaWorld parks of keeping five star-performer whales in conditions that violate the 13th Amendment ban on slavery. SeaWorld depicted the suit as baseless.

The chances of the suit succeeding are slim, according to legal experts not involved in the case; any judge who hews to the original intent of the authors of the amendment is unlikely to find that they wanted to protect animals. But PETA relishes engaging in the court of public opinion, as evidenced by its provocative anti-fur and pro-vegan campaigns.

The suit, which PETA says it will file Wednesday in U.S. District Court in San Diego, hinges on the fact that the 13th Amendment, while prohibiting slavery and involuntary servitude, does not specify that only humans can be victims.

Jeff Kerr, PETA’s general counsel, says his five-member legal team — which spent 18 months preparing the case — believes it’s the first federal court suit seeking constitutional rights for members of an animal species

ups1990

I too love PETA! I stand with them on many fronts. They love animals, i do too! They're especially delicious fried, baked, broiled.....

He's reporting on PETA out of Illinois ,but he writes for Townhall Finance. The cow story was carried in the Chicago Tribune and he's reporting on the ridiculousness of it all.

I get that. But in his article he writes about " yea,that state","dishonest governors ", " graff" etc ,etc. I was just curious where the Townhall Finance is published from and what fragrance does the poop there have?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I get that. But in his article he writes about " yea,that state","dishonest governors ", " graff" etc ,etc. I was just curious where the Townhall Finance is published from and what fragrance does the poop there have?
From this....apparently he lives in Denver now... Fragrance there.....forest pine!! lol

"John Ransom is the Finance Editor for Townhall Finance. He’s also a regular contributor to Townhall Magazine. Ransom’s writings on politics and finance have appeared in the Los Angeles Business Journal, the Colorado Statesman, Pajamas Media and Registered Rep Magazine amongst others. Prior to joining Townhall, he worked as a political activist and consultant in the Western states. Until 9/11, Ransom worked primarily in finance as an investment executive for NYSE member firm Raymond James and Associates, JW Charles and as a new business development executive at Mutual Service Corporation. He lives just south of Denver, in one of the great, original, western cowboy towns of Castle Rock, Colorado. You can follow him on twitter @bamransom. "

He probably couldn`t smell it anyway with his head so far up his ass. Nothing up there but the smell of rubber and astroglide.

I actually take that ramp on my way to work every day. No need for a memorial but I will give $5 towards an irresponsible gun owner to shoot someone from PETA.