P/T Sups working Black Friday? My dilemma...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by imunknown2u, Nov 24, 2010.

1. imunknown2u

imunknown2u New Member

I'm just curious if there are any part-time sups working black friday. I'm a P/T sup at a building in NY. I was asked to come in Black Friday and work, but to NOT put in a time card (excuse me?). I found this strange since I get my head caved in if I show up to work at 2:05 and put 2:00. They scream and yell to make sure my time card is accurate, but now if I don't put a time card in on Friday, that's not being very accurate. Obviously I see what they are doing, and they only want it to be accurate when it benefits them. I'm sure they'll follow it up by giving me a day off or something to make up for it, I'm just curious what other part-time supervisors may have heard this.
  2. DookieBooBoo

DookieBooBoo New Member

If you go in there put in your time. That way you have proof that you did work. Chance are those people are / will :censored2: you out of the day since you won't have proof that you did work. Don't be fooled.
  3. code42

code42 New Member

I thought sups were salary and days like these were free labor
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

They are salary but they would get a comp day after Peak.
  5. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

If I'm not mistaken PT sups are no longer salary. I don't know if there was a lawsuit or maybe just a change in the labor laws, but at least in our building this change was made a few years ago.
  6. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Sounds unethical to me...!
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

...almost as bad as a drunk displacing two PT employees.
  8. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

WA, don't get me started!!
  9. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

10. TheDick

TheDick Member

work for free? hmmmm.....
  11. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

none of our part-time supes are working friday, just the full-timers

i was told, however, that i will soon have double the workforce, and triple the volume

oh, and "perfect service" by 8:30, as always..
  12. DookieBooBoo

DookieBooBoo New Member

PT Sups are guaranteed 27.5 hours. If we work 20 we get paid for 27.5. If we go over those hours then we get paid 101% of our pay per hour. Overtime can be achieved by work more than 8 in a day or 40 in a week. But never both. I work 37 hours & 2 days are 9 hour days. So I get O.T for the 2 days & straight pay for the other hours. Make sense?