P/T Sups working Black Friday? My dilemma...

I'm just curious if there are any part-time sups working black friday. I'm a P/T sup at a building in NY. I was asked to come in Black Friday and work, but to NOT put in a time card (excuse me?). I found this strange since I get my head caved in if I show up to work at 2:05 and put 2:00. They scream and yell to make sure my time card is accurate, but now if I don't put a time card in on Friday, that's not being very accurate. Obviously I see what they are doing, and they only want it to be accurate when it benefits them. I'm sure they'll follow it up by giving me a day off or something to make up for it, I'm just curious what other part-time supervisors may have heard this.

DookieBooBoo

If you go in there put in your time. That way you have proof that you did work. Chance are those people are / will :censored2: you out of the day since you won't have proof that you did work. Don't be fooled.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If I'm not mistaken PT sups are no longer salary. I don't know if there was a lawsuit or maybe just a change in the labor laws, but at least in our building this change was made a few years ago.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
none of our part-time supes are working friday, just the full-timers

i was told, however, that i will soon have double the workforce, and triple the volume

oh, and "perfect service" by 8:30, as always..

DookieBooBoo

PT Sups are guaranteed 27.5 hours. If we work 20 we get paid for 27.5. If we go over those hours then we get paid 101% of our pay per hour. Overtime can be achieved by work more than 8 in a day or 40 in a week. But never both. I work 37 hours & 2 days are 9 hour days. So I get O.T for the 2 days & straight pay for the other hours. Make sense?