Pacific Coast Benefits Trust in mail, can I cash out?

twoweeled

DANG!!!! Well, what can I say. I did not know that! Good for you!!
johnny-carson-jpg.3524

twoweeled

FYI. One of the other drivers who retired and is trying to get his money back, now has 3 months trying to get it. He was told on the phone about 3 weeks ago, he was on track and there shouldn't be any problems. When he called me, he was chuckling. In two more weeks, I will also, have 3 months going threw this, trying to get the money back.
I'm sure I'll be calling him chuckling soon.

twoweeled

OKAY, time for an update. I've been alluding to, Coast Benefit Trust stalls returning money to it's people. Here is another example.
There are about 4 of us who retired and are attempting to get our money back, at roughly the same time. What they have done to all of us, is they instructed us on which forms are needed. Some of us, they sent the forms.
Then what they did, was say, "your missing a form, we can't process it without all the forms". Keep in mind, they sent the forms to these other guys. I requested the forms, but they never sent them. I got them off their site and called them to make sure I had downloaded the correct forms. yes, they told me. I have all the correct forms. Are you sure, I asked? Yes, the answered. Okay. I filled out the forms, and made sure to have one of the forms notarized! They require that on a specific form. I sent them in. I waited a couple of weeks, and called to confirm they had received them. Yes, they confirmed. Everything there, and everything look correctly filled out. "yes, it all looks good! shouldn't be too long.
About a month later, I receive another form in the mail, that must be filled out,,,,AND NOTARIZED!!
I call and bitch, only to hear it has to be filled out. I called the other guys to let them know what was coming their way, so they could get the form and send it in.
They called in and ask for the form, rather than wait. They were told they didn't need the form. back and forth, but told they don't need that form. Almost a month later - you guess it! They sent a couple of them the form that needed to get notarized. There is still one driver who hasn't gotten the form. hasn't gotten his check either! So the drivers fill it out, notarize and return. They called like I did to confirm. They were told it take 10-14 days to log in any forms received! LOL! That's on top of the time to mail it to them! Well two of them have been calling to make sure it was received and everything was good (AGAIN). Yep, everything is good, shouldn't be long now. The check should be showing up in a couple of weeks. So two of the drivers have been waiting about 3 weeks since then. Any day now, that check should show up.
One of the drivers just called me. They have sent him a letter and ALL the forms OVER again, because the dates do not match up. NOPE, I don't know what that means either. But he's starting all over again. I know he's not going to get it for close to 3-4 months again. It's already been 3 months of trying for him.
latest

They haven't sent the forms back to all of us, but everybody has been jumping the same hoops, but in different times. Not all of us have received these forms back, BUT NONE OF US HAVE RECEIVED A CHECK! NOT ONE OF US. The one who may have been the closest, and longest pursuing this, just received all the forms to start over.
Prepare yourself people. this is what you have to look forward to, if you want YOUR MONEY BACK.
THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE TO ALL OF US. It really is. sad

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Then the drivers would have to get a motel room for what...3 months, I'll pass.
Not if they had an RV.

Park that bad boy in front of the PACIFIC COAST building with a huge sign on the side of it stating how many days you have been trying to get YOUR money from them.

Take pictures and send it to the local news and see how long then it will take to get your money.

My guess is all the paperwork issues will go away.

twoweeled

Well, how about another update. The claim they have all the info and have received everything needed from the employer, finally. So they will be mailing it out the middle of NEXT MONTH! LOL If everything is done, why does it take 3 weeks to put it in the mail? Keep in mind, if you look at your statements. The balance is going down every statement. No shame.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
From what I see. You can only get this money once you've separated from the company. It becomes obvious they do not want to give this money up. There are such requirements like; you can't apply for the money till 2-3 months after retirement. Then allow 1 month, after 2 months of waiting for payment! LOL Sounds like 3 months for them to send it, but they word it 1 month, after 2 months. Sounds like, best case scenario, 6 months after retirement. fired or quitting is probably the same. I also noticed on my statement, it looks like I'm losing money in this plan:
Earnings Credited -$149.00 maintenance -$7.28

You people who have another 15 years to go, might end up getting a bill, for money you OWE to pacific joke benefits trust.
Sounds like something the Teamsters came up with.
H and his boys know how to bleed a turnip.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, how about another update. The claim they have all the info and have received everything needed from the employer, finally. So they will be mailing it out the middle of NEXT MONTH! LOL If everything is done, why does it take 3 weeks to put it in the mail? Keep in mind, if you look at your statements. The balance is going down every statement. No shame.

Are you hurting for money?

I'm currently going through this process.Have not incurred any of these problems. The information provided by PCB clearly states may take up to ninety days. The forms provided also come with explicit and easy to read instructions. If by chance the instructions can't be understood, a simple phone call or two can provide any answers needed.
Maybe better reading and comprehension of the intructions provided by PCBwould have alleviated all the OPs angst. That and not sounding like your so desperate for funds.:cool:

The whole process comes with explicit easy to read instructions.

twoweeled

I'm currently going through this process.Have not incurred any of these problems. The information provided by PCB clearly states may take up to ninety days. The forms provided also come with explicit and easy to read instructions. If by chance the instructions can't be understood, a simple phone call or two can provide any answers needed.
Maybe better reading and comprehension of the intructions provided by PCBwould have alleviated all the OPs angst. That and not sounding like your so desperate for funds.:cool:

Yep, your right. One question. Have you received your check yet? Talk to me in 90 days, because that's the minimum it's going to take, I don't care what you do.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

So how long have you been working at Pacific Coast Benefits Trust?

Do you like your job as a spokeshole?

By The Book

Yep, your right. One question. Have you received your check yet? Talk to me in 90 days, because that's the minimum it's going to take, I don't care what you do.
For your sake I hope Hackensack 76 doesn't post that he received his check in less than 3 months.