Pacific Coast Benefits Trust in mail, can I cash out?

twoweeled

Update. I received my check from Coast Benefits Trust yesterday, June 20th. Took awhile, but it has appeared! They told me they'd mail it on June 19th. I received on the 20th. Postmarked June 16th. Check dated June 20th. Take it for what it's worth. When they say up to 3 months, I think it's more accurate to say a minimum of 3 months. So don't think the quicker you get your paperwork in, the quicker you'll get settled. I don't think so.
I think it was, Upstate who is going through this right now? I would guess, Upstate will be getting his check next month around this same time. Time will tell. Plan accordingly, Brothers!!
Let's go party!!
471428407-whew-what-a-relief-gettyimages.jpg

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Congrats on your check, you earned it! I'm leaving mine in there for now, even though it lost a small amount. I have 4 years until mine is penalty free. I believe it will make a modest amount over that time, but if not, it's worth the gamble to me to avoid the penalty, if the penalty is larger than any future losses. I don't need the extra cash so I'm happy to let it ride. Let's just hope that's less costly and hopefully more profitable.

twoweeled

Congrats on your check, you earned it! I'm leaving mine in there for now, even though it lost a small amount. I have 4 years until mine is penalty free. I believe it will make a modest amount over that time, but if not, it's worth the gamble to me to avoid the penalty, if the penalty is larger than any future losses. I don't need the extra cash so I'm happy to let it ride. Let's just hope that's less costly and hopefully more profitable.
Yep! Your right. Just avoiding the penalty makes it worth leaving in there. It'll be fine.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
call those idiots and tell them without us they wouldnt have a :censored2:in job. they treat you like they are doing you a favor just to talk to them . today is my birthday. i think i'll call them and tell them to go screw.

twoweeled

call those idiots and tell them without us they wouldnt have a :censored2:in job. they treat you like they are doing you a favor just to talk to them . today is my birthday. i think i'll call them and tell them to go screw.
It's really baffling, when you see how helpful and concerned the retirement people are - and I think they are in the same building. I think I recall they had the same switchboard, and the retirement people couldn't be more obliging, concerned and helpful. Confusing

Maynard

Hello, I have left UPS about a month ago to prepare myself for joining the military. I've have gotten a verification from my union that it has been terminated until I rejoin another union job but today I've gotten a letter from the Pacific Coast Benefits Trust stating the account balance I have from them. Is this a trust fund or a 401k or a pension? I do not really understand how that works as I never encountered this working in other jobs part time while going to school. Is it possible to ask them to cash out and take a percentage lost, do I have to wait until I am at retirement age to even do that, or should I just leave the money in there and will it build or something? It would be nice to just have the extra money than let it sit unless there's a investment percentage in it.

JustQuit

Yes, that is what the paperwork says. What they told me on the phone was different. They didn't even want the application, for 3 months. I'm still waiting for them to send it to me. It's been close to 6 weeks. I found the applications on their website. You'll have to fill out about 3 apps. One app for retirement benefit. another application for how you want it distributed. Then a 3rd one which is the spousal consent form, which has to be notarized. Don't wait for them to send it to you. all applications related to this are on their site NWADMIN.COM I think.
I just quit today. I already printed the applications out. For the lump application where it says "Benefit Effective Date," should I put today's date? What about the line that says "Notification Date?"

Patti R.

Hello, I have left UPS about a month ago to prepare myself for joining the military. I've have gotten a verification from my union that it has been terminated until I rejoin another union job but today I've gotten a letter from the Pacific Coast Benefits Trust stating the account balance I have from them. Is this a trust fund or a 401k or a pension? I do not really understand how that works as I never encountered this working in other jobs part time while going to school. Is it possible to ask them to cash out and take a percentage lost, do I have to wait until I am at retirement age to even do that, or should I just leave the money in there and will it build or something? It would be nice to just have the extra money than let it sit unless there's a investment percentage in it.
That is the small pension you have from UPS. The big pension is through the Teamsters. Both need 5 yrs of work to be vested. If you're over 65 (working or not), or disabled, you can get money from both pensions. I believe you can draw out money if you leave or take a loan against it.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
, it's That is the small pension you have from UPS. The big pension is through the Teamsters. Both need 5 yrs of work to be vested. If you're over 65 (working or not), or disabled, you can get money from both pensions. I believe you can draw out money if you leave or take a loan against it.
No, the Pacific Coast Benefit Trust was negotiated by the Teamsters. It's in older supplements.

NotReally__

Hello, I have left UPS about a month ago to prepare myself for joining the military. I've have gotten a verification from my union that it has been terminated until I rejoin another union job but today I've gotten a letter from the Pacific Coast Benefits Trust stating the account balance I have from them. Is this a trust fund or a 401k or a pension? I do not really understand how that works as I never encountered this working in other jobs part time while going to school. Is it possible to ask them to cash out and take a percentage lost, do I have to wait until I am at retirement age to even do that, or should I just leave the money in there and will it build or something? It would be nice to just have the extra money than let it sit unless there's a investment percentage in it