Package car decals

automaticP1300

Had anybody noticed that the new package cars and any cars being painted now don't include the "Synchronizing the world of commerce" under the "Worldwide Services?" I think it looks a little plain now. No other complaints otherwise on my brand new car! Drives like a dream.
image.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I tried a couple of times to have all that BS paperwork you get from your investments sent to me online but failed so to hell with them. Some of that stuff must weigh 2 or 3 pounds. Especially around voting time they flood my mailbox with crap.

rod

Retired 22 years
Had anybody noticed that the new package cars and any cars being painted now don't include the "Synchronizing the world of commerce" under the "Worldwide Services?" I think it looks a little plain now. No other complaints otherwise on my brand new car! Drives like a dream. View attachment 35817

You younger people might not realize it but up until the 1980's (I believe) UPS did absolutely no TV, Newspaper, Magazine, sporting event or any other kind of advertising other than having the decals on the trucks. UPS was such a well liked company that advertising wasn't necessary. I still remember the first ad UPS took out in a magazine although I can't remember which one it was. News Week or something like that.

automaticP1300

I started in '03 just before they unveiled the new logo. When I started driving in '05 I drove a package car with the old logo. It had the half globe looking thingy towards the rear of the car. Good looking scheme I thought. And I remember it took years to get all of our cars painted and in the new scheme. I know it's a small change, but removing "synchronizing the world of commerce" seems like a quick change to the look of the fleet that UPS rarely makes.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this: the new decals are not reflective. Kinda surprises me as we are kept out after dark much more now.

reydluap

You younger people might not realize it but up until the 1980's (I believe) UPS did absolutely no TV, Newspaper, Magazine, sporting event or any other kind of advertising other than having the decals on the trucks. UPS was such a well liked company that advertising wasn't necessary. I still remember the first ad UPS took out in a magazine although I can't remember which one it was. News Week or something like that.

So true, in the late 70's early 80's, I was a car washer and was always drilled on having to keep the package cars clean inside and out every night. A dirty package car wasn't allowed on the street the next day at all. I was always told the best advertising UPS had was a shiny package car delivering right in the face of the public. Our clean image (vehicles and uniformed drivers) were perceived as being professional and superior to our competition.

If UPS would re-direct their marketing dollars, they could get more bang for their buck. It has to be cheaper to go back to paying the PT'ers (that are presently employed) a few hours to wash package cars. UPS would then again have that clean image sitting right out in the face of all of the public every day, rather than having a race car go around in circles or some golf course signage that only a few people notice. JMHO. But what do I know.........