Package car decals

oldngray

nowhere special
Once upon a time UPS policy was to wash all package cars every night whether they needed it or not. That changed to only wash when they are dirty. Then if the weather was sloppy don't wash because they will quickly get dirty again. Finally to the current wash "whenever". It was all about money. When UPS stopped washing as part of a big cost cutting measure the other cuts were very small savings with about 90% of the savings (read that "increased profit") coming from not washing cars.

porkwagon

The other day when I was returning to my PC after a delivery, there was an old guy sitting in my seat. I recognized him, a driver who retired about 20 years ago. He said, "Driver your package car is filthy, and the interior is disgusting!" Then as he was exiting the vehicle he started busting my chops about the comfy seat, low step, and seat belt with a harness.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The other day when I was returning to my PC after a delivery, there was an old guy sitting in my seat. I recognized him, a driver who retired about 20 years ago. He said, "Driver your package car is filthy, and the interior is disgusting!" Then as he was exiting the vehicle he started busting my chops about the comfy seat, low step, and seat belt with a harness.

I would have told him in no uncertain terms to get the bleep out of my package car and to mind his own bleeping business.

Last summer I was delivering to Gamestop with NDA's still on the car when a retiree who was on vacation in the area decided he wanted to stop me and talk shop. Needless to say that didn't happen.

I never had one jump in my package car. Had a few stop by and say hello.

I can at least take 30 seconds to say Hi.

porkwagon

I would have told him in no uncertain terms to get the bleep out of my package car and to mind his own bleeping business.

Last summer I was delivering to Gamestop with NDA's still on the car when a retiree who was on vacation in the area decided he wanted to stop me and talk shop. Needless to say that didn't happen.
Nah. I knew and recognized him from way back before he retired. I thought it was funny and didn't mind one bit. He's a nice fella and so am I.

Packmule

I love having tourists upsers stop and say hi. Takes 45 seconds to make this whole company feel like a worldwide family.
And, yes, they know the conversation needs to be short.

watdaflock?

Even with direct deposit you still get a paper invoice.
You don't have to. I go entirely paperless and if need anything hard copy simply print a copy from upsers.

Going paperless is simple. If you normally log on and view your direct deposit information, you'll also see where it says, "Review and edit your direct deposit account" on upsers.

Pretty sure you just click there and you're practically done.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I love having tourists upsers stop and say hi. Takes 45 seconds to make this whole company feel like a worldwide family.
And, yes, they know the conversation needs to be short.

If that had been the case it would have been no problem but I could tell that this guy wanted to chat for much longer than 45 seconds.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You don't have to. I go entirely paperless and if need anything hard copy simply print a copy from upsers.

Going paperless is simple. If you normally log on and view your direct deposit information, you'll also see where it says, "Review and edit your direct deposit account" on upsers.

Pretty sure you just click there and you're done.

When you click on the above heading you will see an option to print your pay advice. Click on that if you want to go paperless.

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to enjoy having other UPS'ers say hi and I had a ton of them because I live in a tourist area. I once had a guy stick his head in the door and say "guess where I work?" The idiot had a UPS baseball cap on. I mean wearing part of the uniform while on vacation? Now when I think back I wonder if he was upstate.

PT Car Washer

I used to enjoy having other UPS'ers say hi and I had a ton of them because I live in a tourist area. I once had a guy stick his head in the door and say "guess where I work?" The idiot had a UPS baseball cap on. I mean wearing part of the uniform while on vacation? Now when I think back I wonder if he was upstate.
Sure he didn't just put it on when he saw you?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You younger people might not realize it but up until the 1980's (I believe) UPS did absolutely no TV, Newspaper, Magazine, sporting event or any other kind of advertising other than having the decals on the trucks. UPS was such a well liked company that advertising wasn't necessary. I still remember the first ad UPS took out in a magazine although I can't remember which one it was. News Week or something like that.
It is not because they were a well liked company, it is because there was no competition. It was either UPS or the Post Office.

They did not have to advertise.

FilingBluesFL

I don't mind people stopping by and saying hi, but I had these two idiots, that claimed they were feeder drivers from the northeast.

They stopped me twice. EACH TIME, those a-holes parked their stupid PT cruiser RIGHT. IN FRONT. of the package car.

Asking me stupid questions they should ALREADY know the answer to. And then of course they took their sweet ass time to move their stupid car to get out of my way... Made me so angry. Not because I'm in a rush, but because they're obnoxious, and annoying, and I heard they did this to a few other drivers, too.

Idiots.