Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Leave it open, cold weather is for pansies

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • I don't get cold weather

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
All of the above. When I'm solo and doing a tight neighborhood I leave it open if it's cold. If I'm driving a while before the next stop and it's super cold I'll shut the door on the way in. Sometimes the door doesn't shut all the way in which case I'll brake check it.

9.5er

Depends on the route. Country miles ahead, the door gets shut. In town or a neighborhood and I 'll leave both doors open if I need to.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
All of the above. When I'm solo and doing a tight neighborhood I leave it open if it's cold. If I'm driving a while before the next stop and it's super cold I'll shut the door on the way in. Sometimes the door doesn't shut all the way in which case I'll brake check it.
Ditto.

Man Of Brown

We've been in the teens and 20's lately so I've kept the driver door closed. But tight areas have the passenger door open. Thought there might be more brake checkers. Maybe I'm just more lazy!

Johney

I'm pretty sure UPS policy calls for the door to be closed to and from delivery area,although not really enforced.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm pretty sure UPS policy calls for the door to be closed to and from delivery area,although not really enforced.

That's a new one on me--never heard that before. It sounds like some BS some safety committee suck up would spout out.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm told that by every on-road that does my yearly safety ride.

They make up crap more than anyone. That's where the safety committee gets their weird ideas.:wink-very: I would have to see it in some official policy book before I would believe them.

Packmule

When I was younger I left the passenger door open most of the day. Now that I'm older and have little tolerance for cold weather the door gets shut every time if deemed necessary.
Screw the time study!

Indecisi0n

I don't get out the drivers door because it's not a method. Driver door closed all day passenger open unless traveling to next area.