Package Car Door

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Man Of Brown, Nov 20, 2014.

When its cold out (and you don't have a helper) do you

1. Close the door on your way in

15 vote(s)
  2. Brake check it to close the door

8 vote(s)
  3. Leave it open, cold weather is for pansies

18 vote(s)
  4. I don't get cold weather

2 vote(s)
  1. Man Of Brown

Man Of Brown Active Member

Just for fun
  2. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

3. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

All of the above. When I'm solo and doing a tight neighborhood I leave it open if it's cold. If I'm driving a while before the next stop and it's super cold I'll shut the door on the way in. Sometimes the door doesn't shut all the way in which case I'll brake check it.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • List
  4. rod

rod retired and happy

I liked to brake check it when I had a helper or sup riding with just to keep them on their toes.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

Depends on the route. Country miles ahead, the door gets shut. In town or a neighborhood and I 'll leave both doors open if I need to.
  6. Shift Inhibit

Shift Inhibit He who laughs last didn't get it.

Both doors are opened in tight resi land. After awhile you don't feel anything... ups jacket off, radio up...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

I got a writeup complaining of the driver door not staying open on the go the other day.
  9. Man Of Brown

Man Of Brown Active Member

We've been in the teens and 20's lately so I've kept the driver door closed. But tight areas have the passenger door open. Thought there might be more brake checkers. Maybe I'm just more lazy!
  10. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

I'm pretty sure UPS policy calls for the door to be closed to and from delivery area,although not really enforced.
  11. rod

rod retired and happy

That's a new one on me--never heard that before. It sounds like some BS some safety committee suck up would spout out.
  12. rod

rod retired and happy

More than once I was asked "how come UPS don't put doors on their trucks"? Usually by some blond.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Darn telematics really messing up me staying warm.
  14. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

I'm told that by every on-road that does my yearly safety ride.
  15. rod

rod retired and happy

They make up crap more than anyone. That's where the safety committee gets their weird ideas.:wink-very: I would have to see it in some official policy book before I would believe them.

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

What would you guys do without the Committee? It's amazing you guys don't kill yourselves.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Close it when I get in. Only go out passenger side for all deliveries. My seat belt blocks driver door
  18. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

When I was younger I left the passenger door open most of the day. Now that I'm older and have little tolerance for cold weather the door gets shut every time if deemed necessary.
    Screw the time study!
  19. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

Both doors open at all times
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I don't get out the drivers door because it's not a method. Driver door closed all day passenger open unless traveling to next area.