Package Car Dreams....

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
It's funny you say that. In my center, when a driver says MY package car, the next day he has a different package car. It helps make the point that I have a fleet of cars, and what I do with them is up to my discretion.

I don't think you have to say another word, on any subject - just copy & paste the above, as it clearly outlines the problem with UPS management. A driver shows pride in their vehicle (of course they know they don't own it) so a supe actually uses what little brain power they have to switch cars, for no other reason than to flex what little managerial power they have. That is, for lack of a more professional term, stupid.

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
I don't think you have to say another word, on any subject - just copy & paste the above, as it clearly outlines the problem with UPS management. A driver shows pride in their vehicle (of course they know they don't own it) so a supe actually uses what little brain power they have to switch cars, for no other reason than to flex what little managerial power they have. That is, for lack of a more professional term, stupid.

Yeah, then oops... my SPORH just went down... :wink2: Send help, I'm over 10. I just can't get into a rhythm with this "other" car. Multi billion dollar company run by brainless maggots.

evilleace

If I could change one thing in my pkg cars, it'd be that they be operated by non-teamster employees who earned their jobs by merit, not seniority.

I'm sorry your mad that the hourlies have more job security than you sounds like you couldn't cut it driving so you come on here and make all kinds of comments on how drivers are terrible. No they just know how to work for a living and not run around all morning and drink coffee. Just go ask your mom to iron your khakis for tommorow and get off of here.

P

pickup

I take it you have not driven package ? They do not come equipped with working cig lighters. The Sprinters had cig lighters and 12v outlets from the factory but all of ours were disconnected before being put into service. Attaching alligator clips to hot wires are against UPS policy.

Nope, haven't driven package. That possibility (no working cig lighter) was on my mind as I typed. Oh, well, i'll throw out there the option of rechargeable batteries, but you obviously thought of that as well.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I take it you have not driven package ? They do not come equipped with working cig lighters. The Sprinters had cig lighters and 12v outlets from the factory but all of ours were disconnected before being put into service. Attaching alligator clips to hot wires are against UPS policy.

All of the new pkg cars have 12v power points under the dash, with a red + and a black - post.

The fuse has been removed to prevent "unauthorized" use.

The fuse is located on top of the battery, in the battery compartment under the passenger side step. It is a standard automotive blade fuse, that clips into a holder on a seperate wire that is connected to the positive post of the battery.

Flip up the step, find the fuse holder on the battery, open it, insert blade fuse, close it up and you are in biz.

Just make sure that whatever you might choose to plug in to the truck gets unplugged when you get back to the building at night.

rocket man

id like a floor mat or super sup same diffrence a supervisor who was a scab from the start.with all the new tech super sup will be signing for deliverys at mcdonalds

Big Babooba

What would I want in my package car? A hundred foot fuse and a Zippo lighter. That should give me time to run... er...I mean walk at a brisk pace away from it.:happy-very:

Tim.

Package Placement Expert
Youre right Mr. Pickup, I guess I said it wrong. When I was with FedEx, I asked the mechanic to hook up at cig lighter / 12 volt thingy. I dont work for FedEx anymore.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

That is also for lack of a better term, the norm.

trickpony1

It's funny you say that. In my center, when a driver says MY package car, the next day he has a different package car. It helps make the point that I have a fleet of cars, and what I do with them is up to my discretion.

Yet another glaring example of the caliber of simpleton "our" (a collective term encompassing "my" and "your") company has or has had in management.
Another former management poster took exception to my use of the phrase "my truck".
As a shareholder, my holdings are vast enough that, yes, it is my truck as well as the double trailers I pull behind it. Next week I might change my mind and decide I own several package cars, I haven't decided yet.
"....and what I do with them is up to my discretion.".....especially when it is used as leverage to prove to the world who is boss because, boys and girls, control is the most important thing.

What is the difference between UPS and the Boy Scouts?

The Boys Scouts has adult supervision.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yet another glaring example of the caliber of simpleton "our" (a collective term encompassing "my" and "your") company has or has had in management.
Another former management poster took exception to my use of the phrase "my truck".
As a shareholder, my holdings are vast enough that, yes, it is my truck as well as the double trailers I pull behind it. Next week I might change my mind and decide I own several package cars, I haven't decided yet.
"....and what I do with them is up to my discretion.".....especially when it is used as leverage to prove to the world who is boss because, boys and girls, control is the most important thing.

What is the difference between UPS and the Boy Scouts?

The Boys Scouts has adult supervision.

Despite the fact that supersup has dishonestly deluded him/herself into believing that they have completely 100% "free thinking", if that was the case, they would not resort to control games such as switching around trucks to show who is boss. It's pretty clear that this "stoopersup" cleared up who stands where and who really thinks for themselves without the intention of ever doing so. If the sup had the free thinking ability within a position, a situation would never, ever come down to feeling the need to try to show up, or one up any employee by demonstrating controlling behaviour.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I don't think .............

super sub's quote. and the post show it. shame he is nothing more than a troll.

even ups in its wonderful wisdom would not have a little boy like this playing a mans game.

laugh him off. if he ever had a job at ups, he is a long gonner now.

d

SmithBarney

As for those with the 12V hookup problem,
our mechanic would install a cig lighter socket for our "cell phone chargers"
sometimes you'd have to provide it 1.99 from walmart.
As long as you only use it to charge your "cell phone" its ok...

I tell you what the A/C is nice, I don't know how you guys in humid areas do it.
I didn't have much of a problem when I was at UPS, humidity rarely was above 10%
so 90 degree days weren't so bad.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I wish supersup was my supervisor.

Me and the guys in my loop would get his attitude straightened out real fast. Give us about three weeks, maybe four, and he wouldnt know whether to shiite or go blind by the time we were done with him.

The smart supervisor knows that professionalism, respect and cooperation with those below him will always yeild better results than a condescending attitude of superiority and arrogance.

upsdude

The smart supervisor knows that professionalism, respect and cooperation with those below him will always yeild better results than a condescending attitude of superiority and arrogance.

Out here on the right coast we call them "Leaders", the rest are just supervisors.

New Englander

It's in the contract for them to provide a power hook up and antenna for a radio.