Package car driver to 22.3 job need input.

VTBrown

Can you tell me where you found the language stating that they are available to full-timers on the "yearly Rebid"? Perhaps it is covered in your supplement but I see nothing stating this in my book.

This is from the NMA I will bold the bottom and post more when I find it.

Section 3. Full-Time Inside Wages
The pay rates for full-time inside only jobs created under Article 22, Section 3 under the prior or current Agreement shall be as follows:
August 1, 2002 $18.25
August 1, 2003 $19.00
August 1, 2004 $19.80
August 1, 2005 $20.60
August 1, 2006 $21.50
August 1, 2007 $22.50 These rates shall not apply to any full-time inside jobs guaranteed by Article 22, Section 2 created prior to August 1, 1997.
Part-time employees whose rates are higher than those set forth above who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section shall be paid their current inside wage rate plus the general wage increases.
Other part-time employees who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section will be red circled at their current wage rate until such time as the calculated progression rate set forth below exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the progression set forth below:
Start $13.50
Seniority $14.50
Seniority plus one (1) year $15.00
Seniority plus eighteen (18) months $15.50
Seniority plus twenty-four (24) months Top Rate The twenty-four (24) month (top) rate will change August 1st of each year of the Agreement as follows:
August 1, 2002 $18.25
August 1, 2003 $19.00
August 1, 2004 $19.80
August 1, 2005 $20.60
August 1, 2006 $21.50
August 1, 2007 $22.50 Employees who are currently in the above progression as of August 1, 2002 shall be slotted into the above progression or continue at their red circled rate until the new progression exceeds that rate.
Full-time employees who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section will be paid in accordance with their full-time seniority date. Full-time employees with two (2) or more years of seniority who bid into a full-time inside job will be paid the top current rate of the classification.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I assume that the part you posted in bold lettering is what you are using for language saying that full-timers can take 22.3 jobs. If that is so, that is great, but I think that could mean full-time inside jobs that were already in existence. I could certainly be wrong and I hope I am. We do not have and 22.3 jobs but maybe someday and I would certainly consider taking one if they would work. Either way, thanks for your views on things.

M

Midwest Upser

Stay on as a driver; I have a couple years in as a driver. One question are you getting over 9.5 hours per day? Since you say you are being used and abused is why I ask. Also how much time have you spent being laid off this past year?

VTBrown

I assume that the part you posted in bold lettering is what you are using for language saying that full-timers can take 22.3 jobs. If that is so, that is great, but I think that could mean full-time inside jobs that were already in existence. I could certainly be wrong and I hope I am. We do not have and 22.3 jobs but maybe someday and I would certainly consider taking one if they would work. Either way, thanks for your views on things.

Exactly, full-time jobs already in existence. Once a 22.3 is filled by a PT employee it is now a FT job.

It's available for ReBid by all FT employee's.

Contact your local Steward and Business Agent if need be.

2 years ago we had a 22.3 job put up to bid for a PT employee after rebids. I was laid off shortly after it was filled and was being given split shift preload/local sort work at my progression rate. $10 or so an hour.

I wanted to bump him as was my right. No way he was going to get full-time hours while me maybe 6 or so at preload rate.

The company said NO WAY....a 22.3 job is different from package. They denied me.

The Union said other wise it's a full-time job being filled by someone with less seniority then me.

He was bumped....I got back pay missed from the Company not doing it originally.

Brown-out

Well I accepted the bid for the 22.3 and am supposed to start next week. I have been laid off the past few weeks and have already begun networking with old supervisors on the night sort to make my transition back inside the HUB easier for me. I even spoke to a few seniority drivers from my center and most of them tell me that I am making the right move to better myself for the future and my health. And with winter approaching this is coming at a great time. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and have actually been walking into UPS for work with a smile on my face. I must be getting sick haha.
Anyways wish me luck.
And thanks for all your input this website is a great forum to find out how the company and the employees feelings are across the country.