Package car driver

Joshy_b

Hello everyone,
First off I would like to say this is a great company and after putting 8 months during peak season as a loader I am now a pt sup on an air ramp. Anyways my father has been laid off his job and I have managed to get him in the door with a seasonal package car driver job. His biggest fear is that he won't be able to (with his age (51)) remember all the DOK questions along with the 10 commentary? Questions. The hr lady told him he needs to know these verbatim. Anyone have any insight on how the paper testing works and if he would do just fine?
Thanks again

Foamer Pyle

It's not that big of a deal. Teach him the acronyms for 5 seeing habits, and some of the other stuff. If I can remember that stuff at 52, he can do it. Couple hours of studying to get it down, and then just do some refreshers from time to time.

Joshy_b

Yeah he knows the five seeing habits well it's just that other ten item list that he is worried about because you have to know it "verbatim" but on the test papers (which hr gave him) it's only one line and its says explain, I told him not to worry and just list the why reasoning that was in bold

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yeah he knows the five seeing habits well it's just that other ten item list that he is worried about because you have to know it "verbatim" but on the test papers (which hr gave him) it's only one line and its says explain, I told him not to worry and just list the why reasoning that was in bold
Went through the class less than 2 years ago.
Everything in bold needs to be memorized verbatim. The explanations under the bold on the 10 point commentary can be paraphrased, but he needs to be able to do that, don't ignore it all together. Was handed a blank sheet of paper and told to list the 5 seeing habits and 10 point commentary on the first day.

IF he goes in knowing all the DOK on day one, it will be the easiest week he'll have at UPS.