Package car drivers in there sixties?

onehandsolo

Hey I am a 46 year old package car driver. I would like to retire around 62. The oldest driver in our center is 60 years old. Hope my body can hold up.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Hey I am a 46 year old package car driver. I would like to retire around 62. The oldest driver in our center is 60 years old. Hope my body can hold up.
It's posts like these that make me glad I'm working as much as I can now to maximize my earning abilty while I still can so I don't have to stay here past 55.

ups1990

Not in our center. We haven't had one in about five years. I don't see anyone driving past 60, unless they started full time after 40 or so. We're all dealing with this new monster(UPS) which no one is familiar with.

kevingcp

We have a guy who's been here for over 40 years. I think he's in his early seventies.
We asked him why he won't retire and he said, "Because then I'd have to deal with my wife every day."

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have a few in their 60's. if u get the right route it's not bad. Also depends a lot on what kind of shape u keep your body in.

thatsmypackage

From what I'm seeing, the old timers (drivers) stick around forever... doesn't matter how crippled they are, they manage to have a nice easy work day, everyday... otherwise they wouldn't stay so long.

onehandsolo

I work with a personal trainer one day a week. She has help me to improve my balance and strength. I run 2 to 3 miles 3 times a week. Hopefully I will be able to work another 16 years. It helps to have 6 weeks vacation as well.

rod

Retired 22 years
From what I'm seeing, the old timers (drivers) stick around forever... doesn't matter how crippled they are, they manage to have a nice easy work day, everyday... otherwise they wouldn't stay so long.

I will let you in on a little secret-----it only looks easy because they know how to do it right. The same route being ran by a runner/gunner would be a cluster ----.

The Milkman

I left at 55 after 25.. I did not want to be a cripple when I retired. Wanted to enjoy life while still in somewhat good shape..Leave as soon as you are eligible and if you have to......get a less stressfull, physical Job to get by..You can't buy time..:peaceful::peaceful:

over9five

Staff member
I left at 55 after 25.. I did not want to be a cripple when I retired. Wanted to enjoy life while still in somewhat good shape..Leave as soon as you are eligible and if you have to......get a less stressfull, physical Job to get by..You can't buy time..:peaceful::peaceful:
I did just that after only 17 years. It's called "Feeders".

S

serenity now

No way someone can do this job in their sixties..........

.....oh, wait, perhaps they can

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I work with a personal trainer one day a week. She has help me to improve my balance and strength. I run 2 to 3 miles 3 times a week. Hopefully I will be able to work another 16 years. It helps to have 6 weeks vacation as well.
You keep running all them miles HANSOLO youll last 8 years instead of 16. You better protect them knees son. Im not dogging you trying to stay in shape but commonsense would tell me if im beating the hell out of my knees everyday at work why the hell would I beat the hell out of my knees outside of work. Outside running aint paying your bills UPS is. You want to run all them miles I got a better one for ya and will get plenty of exercise doing it. Its called a stationary bike. Live it, learn it, love it. Just saying dude in my opinion its idiotic to beat the hell out of your knees on top of doing this crazy job everyday. This job is a marathon you aint going to win that race in 1 day. Take care of your body and use commonsense.