Package Car Headlights

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
Anyone out there in Brownville that is in the Safety Department...I have been at UPS for over 20 years. I have seen lots of changes, some good, some ehh, we have a great company with awesome technology, that cost a fortune of course. I'm not saying at all that those are bad investments because I have watched my center virtually explode with packages in the last 10 years. Doesn't anyone think that the package cars should get an upgrade to the LED headlights? Its brutal at night with these crappy lights and a camera monitor blaring in your eyes. Just wondering...seems like it would be much more safe.

Big Babooba

HID and LED cost big money. My personal vehicle has factory installed HID headlights and I agree, they are superior to standard headlights. Installing aftermarket HIDs enters into a gray area as to what is legal and what isn't.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Anyone out there in Brownville that is in the Safety Department...I have been at UPS for over 20 years. I have seen lots of changes, some good, some ehh, we have a great company with awesome technology, that cost a fortune of course. I'm not saying at all that those are bad investments because I have watched my center virtually explode with packages in the last 10 years. Doesn't anyone think that the package cars should get an upgrade to the LED headlights? Its brutal at night with these crappy lights and a camera monitor blaring in your eyes. Just wondering...seems like it would be much more safe.

Good luck with that. Try driving in the middle of the night, in deer country, in a feeder rig. Bye bye Bambi...

undies

I have to drive with the high beams on in some of the older trucks just to ensure I have a wide enough view of the road ahead of me. I've written lights up to no avail.

Indecisi0n

When on residential streets I drive with my high beams on. The streets I drive on are mostly country type roads with no street lights and not a lot of volume.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I just wish that we had a real Car Wash in my Hub and they would clean our windshields, mirrors, and our headlights. After all, they do pretend to preach about "safety" all the time.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
the lights suck and are a safety hazard,, but thats from a company that thinks its ok to deliver a pkg at 830 at night...........its called a disconnect

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I just wish that we had a real Car Wash in my Hub and they would clean our windshields, mirrors, and our headlights. After all, they do pretend to preach about "safety" all the time.

I just wish we had any kind of a car wash in my center. I'm lucky to get my truck washed every 6 weeks. And, I could plant potatoes on the shelves.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Personally I hate the HID lights showing up on cars nowadays, mostly the aftermarket ones people put in. They are rarely adjusted properly and it blinds other drivers. Eat some freakin' carrots people and throw a rag over that rear view monitor.

While I'm ranting they should ban fog lights in AZ. We have fog maybe a handful of mornings a year but people around here drive with their fog lights on all the time.

AZ could really use safety checks on passenger vehicles like some States have. It's downright scary what you see on the roads out here sometimes.

UPSER110

The problem with aftermarket HIDs are the housing isnt designed to use that bright of a bulb and you get glare... These people should get tickets. People that Put HIDS in and do a retro fit with a projector are doing it right....

The sealed beam design on the Package cars are horrible. Ive seen alot of guys adjust them all the way up for better light..

The DOT standards for headlights are also ridiculous. In my Jeep wrangler I have the sealed beam headlights too (same size as the package cars I think) but I replaced them with these(Amazon.com: Hella 7" Round E Code H4 Halogen Replacement Headlight Kit with Standard 60/55W H4 Bulbs: Automotive)Hella E code lenses, that takes a bulb and it made a huge difference, you can actually see a cut off where the light is.. Google some info about them