Package car hit by golf ball

UPSGUY72

Was driving today on road next golf course next thing I know a golfball hits a shatters the passenger side front window. I call back to the center but now SUP where there just the lady that handles operations in the afternoon. She told me to drive back the center and and see the mechanic and switch out cars.

When I got back in tonight union I told my union steward he said he won't be in tomorrow however they might give me a hard time and say that I should have tracked down who hit the golfball. He told me not to talk to management tomorrow with another steward.

Should I have tracked down the guy who shank the ball ? I called then center right after it happen and like I said they didn't say to find out who hit just is it ok to drive and come back and swap cars.

If you had tried to track down the guy who hit the ball, you would have ended up with missed pieces, for which they would have blamed you. Even if you did find the guy, he could have just denied being the one who hit the ball. Long story short, they'll probably try to blame you saying something stupid like; "You failed to maintain a space cushion on all side of the truck, especially the front. Don't let them do anything without a steward. And for the record, you DID do the right thing. You reported the incident, and worked as instructed.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
I live near one (golf course) and every time I go by, I start hitting the horn like a car alarm. It's the length of 2 fairways, but it keeps the golfers distracted enough that they usually don't tee off while I drive by. I get funny looks, but at least I don't get a Titleist through the windshield!

barnyard

KTM rider
I live near one (golf course) and every time I go by, I start hitting the horn like a car alarm. It's the length of 2 fairways, but it keeps the golfers distracted enough that they usually don't tee off while I drive by. I get funny looks, but at least I don't get a Titleist through the windshield!

I've thought about doing that, but I get visions of 'Jackass, the Movie.' Those guys weren't real happy...

TB

tieguy

Banned
Was driving today on road next golf course next thing I know a golfball hits a shatters the passenger side front window. I call back to the center but now SUP where there just the lady that handles operations in the afternoon. She told me to drive back the center and and see the mechanic and switch out cars.

When I got back in tonight union I told my union steward he said he won't be in tomorrow however they might give me a hard time and say that I should have tracked down who hit the golfball. He told me not to talk to management tomorrow with another steward.

Should I have tracked down the guy who shank the ball ? I called then center right after it happen and like I said they didn't say to find out who hit just is it ok to drive and come back and swap cars.

You should have grabbed a golf cart and bag of clubs and chased the culprit around the course one hole at a time. :happy-very:

The OMS is a management person. She told you what to do and you did it. Its an incident just like a rock flying up from the road and hitting your windshield. You made your phone call and followed her instructions.

City Driver

you didnt get the big picture and you didnt expect the unexpected...this is all your fault

you will have a warning letter in your PM box within a week

S

speeddemon

I live on a golf course. Whether you live on it, or are just driving by, its a risk YOU take. No fault is assigned to the course or its patrons.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I live on a golf course. Whether you live on it, or are just driving by, its a risk YOU take. No fault is assigned to the course or its patrons.

I realize that most insurance policies have full glass coverage so there would be no out of pocket but I would have to think that the golfer would be at fault if the vehicle owner decided to press charges unless there were signs posted on the highway warning of possible stray golf balls.

DorkHead

I would track down that guy and asses him a one stroke penalty plus distance

raceanoncr

You should have tracked down the ball. After all, it could have been a Callaway, Nike. You could have been the winner here.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If you hadn't spent those extra 3 seconds at the last stop ,that ball would have already been in the woods and not your windshield,so yah its your fault!! I can picture a C/M giving out that line LOL sad but true!