Package car hit by golf ball

over9five

Staff member
What if the golf ball had passed through an open window and struck and killed the driver?

Would the golfer be charged, perhaps with involuntary manslaughter?

Even if he wasn't, I suppose there could be civil lawsuits against the golfer and the golf club.

Just wondering.....

JonFrum

When UPS built the building I work in, the neighbors (understandably) objected because it would bring lots of truck traffic and nearly 24 hour a day noise. One irate neighbor use to hit golf balls on the weekend from his yard into UPS' yard!

over9five

Staff member
When UPS built the building I work in, the neighbors (understandably) objected because it would bring lots of truck traffic and nearly 24 hour a day noise. One irate neighbor use to hit golf balls on the weekend from his yard into UPS' yard!

Funny, there are always golf balls rolling around CHEMA....

A

an anonymous guest

You are just going to have training in how to 'be the ball.' Here in NJ we have a course called Ballyowen, where, on the 16th hole you must drive (no pun intended) the ball across the road. There is always a UPS driver in the area. I think he wears a helmet.

The bagpiper says a lot of guys try to hit the FEDEX truck.

Go UPS!
P71

UPSGUY72

If you hadn't spent those extra 3 seconds at the last stop ,that ball would have already been in the woods and not your windshield,so yah its your fault!! I can picture a C/M giving out that line LOL sad but true!

Thanks covemaster I was thinking the same thing the last stop was a NSN so I spent a little more time than usually looking for it.

UPSGUY72

UPDATED My on road SUP said I should have gotten the person information or called the police even though nothing would come of it and my center manager said that they'll have to file a accident report because the window cost $600.00 but that it shouldn't go against me.

They both said that since I called center right after it happen and followed thiee directions that I won't be getting a warning letter.

Some of the other drives said I should gotten "shooken up" and went back to the center and told then I was taken the rest of the day off.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
my center manager said that they'll have to file a accident report because the window cost $600.00 but that it shouldn't go against me.

They both said that since I called center right after it happen and followed thier directions that I won't be getting a warning letter.

That's good ... worked out as well as could be expected.

What if the golf ball had passed through an open window and struck and killed the driver?

Would the golfer be charged, perhaps with involuntary manslaughter?

Even if he wasn't, I suppose there could be civil lawsuits against the golfer and the golf club.

Just wondering.....
Nothing would happen to the golfer because it was an accident. However, the driver would receive a warning letter posthumously. He or she failed to observe the 27 keys to maintaining one's heartbeat.

NEFARIOUS

BOTTOM FEEDER
UPDATED My on road SUP said I should have gotten the person information or called the police even though nothing would come of it and my center manager said that they'll have to file a accident report because the window cost $600.00 but that it shouldn't go against me.

They both said that since I called center right after it happen and followed thiee directions that I won't be getting a warning letter.

Some of the other drives said I should gotten "shooken up" and went back to the center and told then I was taken the rest of the day off.

Were you driving a sprinter? I only ask because I know thats the only car with a windshield even close to 600. Even the Mack tractors are only around 300 a side...