package car loading height clearance

Ptrunner

When UPS created their package cars were their osha rules that required a height clearance when you enter and exit the trucks.

I see some trucks people have to duck their heads in just to get inside. When carrying a 50 lb box inside the truck doesnt that create strain on the back bending, arent we suppose to keep our backs straight when carrying packages.

Also i thought there was an osha height clearance for all pathways. Isnt it like 7ft or something? If they were to make me load a package car like that wouldn't someone be able to file a grievance and alert osha on this matter. Any thoughts?

CaliforniaPaul

When UPS created their package cars were their osha rules that required a height clearance when you enter and exit the trucks.

I see some trucks people have to duck their heads in just to get inside. When carrying a 50 lb box inside the truck doesnt that create strain on the back bending, arent we suppose to keep our backs straight when carrying packages.

Also i thought there was an osha height clearance for all pathways. Isnt it like 7ft or something? If they were to make me load a package car like that wouldn't someone be able to file a grievance and alert osha on this matter. Any thoughts?

We will be forced to hire shorter drivers!!