Package Car Online Training

Searched the topics and couldn't find anything related to this so, are there any websites that offer free Package Car training with the DIAD or any training focused with the job in general? I'm trying to get ahead of the game and study now before I start my orientation etc. if anyone can post pics of paper work they received at an orientation that they studied when they were training would be much appreciated. Thanks BC!

DriverMD

You dont learn anything online when it comes to the Diad. After about 20 minutes of handling one, it all becomes muscle memory. I'd probably actually fail the online test for the diad seeing as I just let my hands do all the work and hardly look at the thing when im stop completing.

Box Ox

If your experience is like mine was a few years ago you should expect 0 DIAD training or testing, even in class. Any time I didn't know what to do for a specific stop I called other drivers who were nice enough to talk me through it. Quickly becomes second nature when you're using it 1,000 times a week.

Like the other guys said, know your 10 Point Commentary and 5 Seeing Habits and each of their subsections. You'll probably have to write all of it down perfectly word for word near the end of class or you'll get the boot.

Found this helpful .pdf on how to use the DIAD.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1433613145.036295.jpg

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1433613166.582900.jpg

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1433613178.835907.jpg

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1433613191.267699.jpg

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1433613202.764919.jpg

jbg77

I had 4 days of class. 3 days with a supervisor. I think it would be very beneficial to ride with an experienced driver. I had to make alot of phone calls to drivers who were very helpful. By my 4th and 5th weeks the drivers received fewer phone calls.