package car OT

Coldworld

60 months and counting
In the beginning when your not full scale, you tend to want to get done earlier and get home earlier. Once you get to full scale and gets some miles on yourself, you learn to slowdown and look at in more of a business perspective, probably because you have a family or a mortgage, once you get settled into the job. Like I said its all about business and last time I checked, everything in society pricewise is doing nothing but inflating. I just don't see the point in going home an hour earlier when you could just stay out that extra hour at 50 bux and make more money. Once you get settled in with this job, your going to find out that it dont matter what time you get home your still going to the same routine whether you get home early or late. All bout business always.
And you learn to enjoy and pack more into your weekends and vacations....use the extra money to invest into the 401k.when you retire you will be very happy you did..don't wait until your 50's to do this. This is money that the union OR ups cannot take!!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
100_dollar_bill.jpg
Exactly. I don't even sweat the OT anymore. The way I figure you send me out too heavy with a super idiotic dispatch, im a punch em in the nuttz deep into the night. I don't play their game anymore, their paying me for their screw-ups dude in BENJIS BABY lol.

JL 0513

I've averaged less than 43 hours a week for the last few months. Go figure that I'm looking for more OT but the work isn't there. I have to continue working a 2nd job on the weekend. I'd love 50 hours a week.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
50 is easy over here on the east coast. Once you get to that full scale JL kill that 2nd job dogg. I know you work hard and got a family, get your home time in with your family amigo.

JL 0513

50 is easy over here on the east coast. Once you get to that full scale JL kill that 2nd job dogg. I know you work hard and got a family, get your home time in with your family amigo.

I make sure to spend every non-working hour with my daughter. :blushing2: It's actually one of the reasons I even quit my gym membership is because I felt guilty for the one hour I'd spend going to the gym.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I make sure to spend every non-working hour with my daughter. :blushing2: It's actually one of the reasons I even quit my gym membership is because I felt guilty for the one hour I'd spend going to the gym.
Your a good dude that's why, good for you being a family man first and foremost.:blushing2:

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I used to work with a driver that would tell the bosses "put on what you think you can afford." I keep that in mind when I would run their insane dispatches.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've averaged less than 43 hours a week for the last few months. Go figure that I'm looking for more OT but the work isn't there. I have to continue working a 2nd job on the weekend. I'd love 50 hours a week.

Are you a FT seniority driver? If so, why in the world are you having to work a 2nd job?