Package cars on Road Sundays??

clean hairy

On an expressway in the DFW Metroplex, a couple of hours ago I saw one of our package cars travelling along.
I can only guess it was being taken from one Hub to another?
Anyone else ever see a package car on the road on a Sunday afternoon?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
It could be an outside vendor who works on them on weekends. Windshields, mechanical work, etc. We have mechanics who work on Sundays. Maybe he was giving it a road test.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
During peak season 2013 I worked on the Sunday before Christmas. Brought 200 stops back at 7:30 that night. That was the first time that has ever happened, and also the last time that it will ever happen.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Could be vendors delivering new trucks. I talked to one guy whose sole job was delivering them across the country. He actually lived in the back. He set up a hammock between the shelves and slept back there. This was last fall though. It's probably a little cold to sleep back there now without a cold weather sleeping bag.

rod

Retired 22 years
Could be vendors delivering new trucks. I talked to one guy whose sole job was delivering them across the country. He actually lived in the back. He set up a hammock between the shelves and slept back there. This was last fall though. It's probably a little cold to sleep back there now without a cold weather sleeping bag.

I think I would rather have a job delivering luxury motor homes across country. Making a home in the back of a UPS truck for a few days sounds like a real crappy job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I think I would rather have a job delivering luxury motor homes across country. Making a home in the back of a UPS truck for a few days sounds like a real crappy job.

I wonder if they hot wire up a radio?