Package Delivery Driver Help?

jerry_melo

Hi, I'm currently an package handler at a hub. I'm trying to get a job as an delivery driver but its 21+. I'm 20 years right now but I will be 21 by the end of the training. Can I still apply?

By The Book

Hi, I'm currently an package handler at a hub. I'm trying to get a job as an delivery driver but its 21+. I'm 20 years right now but I will be 21 by the end of the training. Can I still apply?
Will you be 21 before you go on road or 21 when you feel you will be done with your probation?

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
It depends on what he means by training--- Integrad? You don't want to sign a bid until you know because you could DQ yourself if you don't meet reqs.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Yes. I am a prime example of this. I was actually qualified to drive before my 21st birthday and then started driving shortly after. Been driving ever since.

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
When you go to your training class they'll take a photocopy of your license, which must be a chauffeur's license. It may very from state to state, but you must be 21 to get your chauffeurs here in MI.

At my center we basically couldn't proceed with the application process until we had a chauffeurs license. I'm assuming because you must be road tested as well as have on-road training during the class, and legally to operate a vehicle such as a package car, you must have the Chauffeur endorsement.

If in doubt, ask your HR rep, and you should be able to get a definitive answer, as opposed to speculation and personal experiences.

barnyard

KTM rider
chauffeurs license requirement varies. It is not required in my state.

I 2nd going to HR. That is where you will get answers that pertain to you and your bldg.

OptimusPrime

Why 21? So we can deliver to bars if need be? As for handling alcohol, you can do that at 18 here. Like the cashiers at a grocery for example. You only need to be 18 for a chauffeurs license.