Package delivery driver starting pay ?

C

Cub

Hello, I have a interview next week for a package delivery driver position, I currently work for FedEx. (Been there 2 yrs as a courier) What pay range can I expect to start out in for a new hire ? Thank you for your help....

AznDiablo

UPS is hiring drivers off the streets right now? I work inside and it seems like they are sending the feeder drivers back into package and the cover drivers back into the hub. That's wrong if they are hiring people off the street

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Hello, I have a interview next week for a package delivery driver position, I currently work for FedEx. (Been there 2 yrs as a courier) What pay range can I expect to start out in for a new hire ? Thank you for your help....

Start $16.10
Seniority $17.25
Twelve (12) months $18.45
Twenty-four (24) months $20.75
Thirty-six (36) months (current top rate) Top Rate

Hedley_Lamarr

UPS is hiring drivers off the streets right now? I work inside and it seems like they are sending the feeder drivers back into package and the cover drivers back into the hub. That's wrong if they are hiring people off the street
What's wrong about it?? I got hired to be a driver off the street....

yeldarb

Nothing is wrong with getting hired off the street...His point is that it is slow right now. Drivers are being layed off many places, and new feeder drivers are being sent back to package.

Hedley_Lamarr

Nothing is wrong with getting hired off the street...His point is that it is slow right now. Drivers are being layed off many places, and new feeder drivers are being sent back to package.
Thankfully our center has been pretty busy, I've been working every day. Last week I had 55 hours. I've only been asked to go home a hand full of times since I started.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Start $14.70
Seniority $15.75
Twelve (12) months $16.80
Twenty-four (24) months $18.90
Thirty (30) months (current top rate)

Here are the old contract #'s. EVeryone hired prior to Aug 1 2008 will fall into this progression I believe.

Hedley_Lamarr

Start $14.70
Seniority $15.75

Here are the old contract #'s. EVeryone hired prior to Aug 1 2008 will fall into this progression I believe.
That seems right, I'm at 15.75 now. October I hit 16.80, just in time for the Christmas, excuse me (holiday) season overtime...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I worked 55 hours last week, I was told the Christmas should be like that every week...

I was just messing with you. It's called sarcasm.

My very first Christmas Eve (1989) I punched out at 1:00am Christmas morning and was not the last one to punch out. The past 2 peaks I have been punching out the same time that I punch out the rest of the year as I have an awesome helper.

Overpaid Union Thug

Start $14.70
Seniority $15.75

That is correct. I was hired full-time this year. It would suck to get hired full-time after August 1 because after that everyone will have to wait 3 years to reach top rate. I was a qualified TCD before going full-tme so I'm at 85% of top rate now. I'll get the Aug. and Feb raises for the next two and a half ears then reach top rate. I think it will be like $29 and some change by then.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

That is correct. I was hired full-time this year. It would suck to get hired full-time after August 1 because after that everyone will have to wait 3 years to reach top rate. I was a qualified TCD before going full-tme so I'm at 85% of top rate now. I'll get the Aug. and Feb raises for the next two and a half ears then reach top rate. I think it will be like $29 and some change by then.

I had an inside/inside bid that required DOT and etc. Can I keep the DOT card (expires in aug 08)? My new bid doesn't require it.