Package delivery

cevert1

I had a package shipped out UPS Ground from Ca on 3/12/09 and it was supposed to have been deliverd on 3/23/09. The package made it to Ky and stayed there for a couple of days and then showed back up in Los Angles Ca. The package should have been coming to Va. It now shows in-transit re-scheduled delivery date of 3/27/2009 as of last Friday. The problem is it has shown Departure from Los Angles since Friday but as of today it has not updated any arrival scans since last Friday. Any ideas of what is happened?

finaddict

Sounds like a double label. The folks in CA recieved it from their supplier. They stuck your label on it and never took theres off so... right back to them. The first label a sorter sees is where it goes. Of course we have no idea what happened to your pkg and this is just a wild guess.

Tiny Panda

Sounds like a double label. The folks in CA recieved it from their supplier. They stuck your label on it and never took theres off so... right back to them. The first label a sorter sees is where it goes. Of course we have no idea what happened to your pkg and this is just a wild guess.

That sounds familiar, some shippers just dont understand that we dont have time to look up every package as it comes thru the hub to see whether its an old label or not

BrownSuit

Too many variables to guess what could have happened, re-used label, damage that was returned to origin, delivery intercept, etc.

Best thing is for customers to call 800-PICK-UPS. We are not trained to track down the packages. Believe it or not, there is some training involved. That keeps the customer from being told something that may not be accurate.

whiskey

It could have been a combination of a double label and re-wrap parcel. It broke open in Ky and sat around in the re-wrap area for a couple of days until someone shipped it back to Ca. Old tracking numbers sometimes are kicked out and won't register.

barnyard

KTM rider
I absolutely do not get why someone would take the time to 1. register and 2. post a question about a package. A call to the 1-800 hotline would have answered the question faster than registering.

Is the incredibly obvious that hard for people to understand??????

TB

bluehdmc

I absolutely do not get why someone would take the time to 1. register and 2. post a question about a package. A call to the 1-800 hotline would have answered the question faster than registering.

TB

Perhaps they don't want to listen to "press 1 for english, please enter the tracking # of your package, if this is correct press 1, otherwise press 2, etc., etc."
I've never used the 800 # but if it's like any other customer service line you get walked through all this bs till you get here: "please hold for a customer service representative."
Then you're on hold for another 5-10 min. being told how "important" your call is.
Maybe they thought by coming here they'd get a faster answer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Perhaps they don't want to listen to "press 1 for english, please enter the tracking # of your package, if this is correct press 1, otherwise press 2, etc., etc."
I've never used the 800 # but if it's like any other customer service line you get walked through all this bs till you get here: "please hold for a customer service representative."
Then you're on hold for another 5-10 min. being told how "important" your call is.
Maybe they thought by coming here they'd get a faster answer.

I always tell my customers who wish to call the toll free to simply press "0" as soon as you get the recording and to keep pressing "0" until you get a live person.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer

TB

Ding, Ding, Ding Freakin Ding.

tieguy

Banned
your package shows departing ca going to va? its on a train and won't show anything until it arrives in either richmond or burtonsville or new stanton pa. Should show an arrival by tommorrow night.