Package Driver shoots dog

neartom

A package driver at my center shot a dog April 2nd, was fired April 7th, local hearing was April 16th. He has a panel hearing April 21st. Does anyone have any advice?

neartom

N. E. AR. Center Seriously...Can't make this stuff up. Driver said he wants it to go to panel. Desperate to get his job back. Any advice?

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Hmmm....wonder what the Union can do regarding carrying a loaded sidearm?

Driver wants to go to panel? Driver is obviously, then, stupid.

On the off chance the OP is for real, driver should look for another job, quickly, in the hope that the other shoe does not drop. Which it probably will.

some1else

Banned
ups will not allow us to carry (even if licensed). so if i get stabbed by a junkie, or shot in a hijacking do i have any legal recourse? the company is prohibiting me from defending myself , and they provide absolutely NO security to us on route. so if i get hurt/killed on route would they have any liability?

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
ups will not allow us to carry (even if licensed). so if i get stabbed by a junkie, or shot in a hijacking do i have any legal recourse? the company is prohibiting me from defending myself , and they provide absolutely NO security to us on route. so if i get hurt/killed on route would they have any liability?

I'm certain you would get a warning letter, post mortem, stating it was an avoidable accident.

In today's world of "sue, see if it sticks" anything is possible.

Raw

Raw Member
UPS will cash in the large life insurance policy they carry on their employee`s though...:dissapointed:

Tiny Panda

What do you think your Diad is for? Or your trolley?

I used my trolley to fend off 3 armed robbers holding up a jewellers 5 years ago.

some1else

Banned
In today's world of "sue, see if it sticks" anything is possible.
im serious im disarmed and left defenseless by ups; and they provide NO security for me on road.

and NO im not talking about defending ups/customer property thats not what im paid for. if someone seriously is trying to jack the truck and i think they actually are going to use violence im dropping the keys and taking off. im talking about some crazy meth-head or w/e i think they do have liabilty as a result of their policies

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
im serious im disarmed and left defenseless by ups; and they provide NO security for me on road.

and NO im not talking about defending ups/customer property thats not what im paid for. if someone seriously is trying to jack the truck and i think they actually are going to use violence im dropping the keys and taking off. im talking about some crazy meth-head or w/e i think they do have liabilty as a result of their policies

You can't be serious. I won't even call you Shirley.

Every morning you wake up & go outside you take a chance, it has nothing to do with UPS. The liable party is the one that hurts you.

Any maroon who brought a gun with him to deliver packages was a disaster waiting for a time to happen.

You want advice? Use soap on a rope when he gets incarcerated - less likely to drop it.