Package Driver shoots dog

Treegrower

N. E. AR. Center Seriously...Can't make this stuff up. Driver said he wants it to go to panel. Desperate to get his job back. Any advice?
You have to be more specific than Northeast Arkansas. What's the name of the center or SLIC # What town is the center located in and what town or route did the alleged dog shooting occur?

rod

Retired 22 years
I always found that a well placed hand grenade worked better on dogs than trying to hit them with a pistol:tank::2guns::gun_banda

brownrodster

A package driver at my center shot a dog April 2nd, was fired April 7th, local hearing was April 16th. He has a panel hearing April 21st. Does anyone have any advice?

Was he on the clock, wearing a brown uniform, driving a brown truck in the service of UPS? Did he have his firearm in his truck?

If the answer is yes then do we even want him back?

jw55wags

An eighty year old man gave me some advice some years ago about shooting dogs. He said shoot --shovel and SHUT UP!!! Have a nice day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just Googled "UPS driver shoots dog in Arkansas" and it does bring you to a forum where the shooting is discussed but there was no link to an newspaper article. I did mention that it happened in or near Blytheville and the driver was working.

neartom

Shooting occured on company time. Driver was making residential deliveries. A 10 month old Boxer puppy was chasing his truck. Driver got off truck, walked around truck looking for dog. Fired a warning shot in the air and then shot the puppy as it was running away. Contact Gosnell, AR. Police Dept for verification. This driver needs Advice on how to get his job back.

jw55wags

This does't look good for this driver. Firing a warning shot then shooting dog as it ran. The question that comes to my mind is WHY?

Shooting occured on company time. Driver was making residential deliveries. A 10 month old Boxer puppy was chasing his truck. Driver got off truck, walked around truck looking for dog. Fired a warning shot in the air and then shot the puppy as it was running away. Contact Gosnell, AR. Police Dept for verification. This driver needs Advice on how to get his job back.
He's NOT going to get his job back.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Shoots a puppy in the back as its running away? Gun in UPS truck? Lots of things wrong here. Cardinal sin, no guns. We had a supe fired for threatening to fire a gun, not on property.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Other than the fact that the guy is a fellow teamster why would you even want him to get his job back? Sounds to me like he should already be actively seeking alternate employment and forget about state panel. Also, counseling might be a good suggestion. Seems like he may have a few issues to work out.

over9five

Staff member
This is someone we don't want back.

Maybe he can get a job as euthanizer at the local shelter.

<animal shelter, not homeless shelter>

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
OK, so now we've gone from stupid (carrying gun while wearing browns - simply a catastrophe waiting for a time to happen) to psychotic - stopping a truck to get out and shoot at a dog.

Never been there, but Canada is nice.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09

If that's the truth, he does not deserve is job or his life.