Package Driver shoots dog

redshift1

I consider myself to be a "survivalist" in that I choose to be as self-reliant as possible and I do not just assume that the government will be there to protect me or save me when bad things happen. I am armed because I cant fit a cop in my pocket; and at home I choose to maintain a supply of water, food, fuel and other supplies that may not be available in the event of a major catastrophe. To me, this defines "survivalist thinking" and I wonder why anyone would take issue with it.

Business owners and fellow drivers may not share your viewpoint you have more than your safety to consider. We all know the chances of you carrying while driving for UPS are zero. Brinks or Loomis are your only chance of guns and delivering.

UPSNewbie

wrong again. thats state by state; in some including mine i dont have to inform the officer for a traffic stop (you must obviously if you are under arrest). i do so as a courtesy (i always hand my permit with my drivers license so i dont go through the awkward "i have a gun" thing :) ). ive been pulled over 10+ times since ive had my permit and i think its actually gotten me out of tickets. usual response is "oh what kind of gun do you carry blah blah blah take it easy sir" basically by showing the officer the permit you are showing him that you have a clean criminal history (theres a thorough background check) and that you arent a lefty -- both pluses in leo's eyes

In Oklahoma, used to be, if a cop initiated conversation, you disclose that you are carrying and show the card. They since got rid of the law, since it took up the cops day.

And I'm a "lefty" and a gun toter. Your last point is invalid.

That driver SHOULD NOT even consider getting his job back.

[/thread]

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
wrong again. thats state by state; in some including mine i dont have to inform the officer for a traffic stop (you must obviously if you are under arrest). i do so as a courtesy (i always hand my permit with my drivers license so i dont go through the awkward "i have a gun" thing :) ). ive been pulled over 10+ times since ive had my permit and i think its actually gotten me out of tickets. usual response is "oh what kind of gun do you carry blah blah blah take it easy sir" basically by showing the officer the permit you are showing him that you have a clean criminal history (theres a thorough background check) and that you arent a lefty -- both pluses in leo's eyes
Hope you never get pulled over by the officer that told me that.

In Oklahoma, used to be, if a cop initiated conversation, you disclose that you are carrying and show the card. They since got rid of the law, since it took up the cops day.

And I'm a "lefty" and a gun toter. Your last point is invalid.

That driver SHOULD NOT even consider getting his job back.

[/thread]
If your president and his gal Nancy get their way, you will not be able to say that before too long.

some1else

Banned
Hope you never get pulled over by the officer that told me that.

how would that be? he doesnt make up the law and many cops are ignorant of it.

we recently had "sit ins" in some restaurants here. only open carry is legal in abc "on" establishments. so we started to do so and got some level of police harassment. even the "backup" was ignorant of the law and we needed to get him to call someone on at the station to tell him what the law is!

i support free debate but i think those anti-gun people should put their safety where their mouth is. polls of convicts consistently show they are concerned that their targets may be armed. dont believe this? believe guns are evil and do more harm than good?
get a sign that says "i dont believe in evil guns, there are none in this house which means i am safe" and stick it in your front yard. i will be next door whith a sign that says "make my day".... who is going to be robbed/raped first?

P

pickup

Doesn't seem to be in the news....

No shots fired, I guess!

Now if the dog shot the package driver, that would have been news. (You see it sort of plays on a newspaper editor saying to his reporter " dog bites man?, thats not a story, but, man bites dog, that's a story" , aw hell if I gotta explain it, it's not a good joke)

Dutch Dawg

Wish I could say I was surprised at how many opinions were expressed with speculation regarding the original posting with so few facts presented, but I'm not.

I am somewhat surprised at the low turnout by 'Gun Control' and PETA advocates in this discussion, surely this was an opportunity missed to exploit with distortions.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Wish I could say I was surprised at how many opinions were expressed with speculation regarding the original posting with so few facts presented, but I'm not...

Sorry, we had nothing else to work with other than manufactured idle speculation. I've waged net-war with much less.

Seriously, Dammit, I want to know what happened? Or was this just a joke post? My guess, if this was a real post, was that the OP was the guy with the gun.

neartom

Driver had his panel hearing in Tampa, Florida last week. He lost.
He shot a 10 month old puppy. Gosnell. Ar. Police can verify the whole story.

Dustyroads

A number of years ago we had a cover driver who threw a mean right hook at an attacking german shepherd. I guess he caught the dog just right...or maybe wrong, but he dropped it dead in one blow. He became a hero in our building!