Package handler 15/hr?

BrownBrokeDown

One of the articles on the Teamster's website talks about the ceo wage in comparison with the average worker within the same company. There are a couple listed where the ceo makes over 1000% of what that companies average wage is. Think about that for a sec....If you were to combine the CEO, COO, and CFO wages together, shave off say 5% you would most likely be able to give at least a nickel (probably more like a quarter or more) to every employee in the bottom paying job classification in the company. Don't think a quarter makes a difference in that situation, your wrong if you do.

porsheracing

So i just completed 3 years 7/15/2013 as a pre-loader Im currently at 12.00 an hr. so does anybody know with the new contracts if I will be getting an additional .70 cent raise in August plus the 1.50 for starting at 9.50? I am pretty sure Ill be getting the .70 cent raise but I have been hearing that the employees that started at 9.50 get a 1.50 additional raise as well coming this August does anybody know?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
So i just completed 3 years 7/15/2013 as a pre-loader Im currently at 12.00 an hr. so does anybody know with the new contracts if I will be getting an additional .70 cent raise in August plus the 1.50 for starting at 9.50? I am pretty sure Ill be getting the .70 cent raise but I have been hearing that the employees that started at 9.50 get a 1.50 additional raise as well coming this August does anybody know?

Incorrect. The short answer is you'll be bumped up to $13/hour (the minimum wage set fourth by the new PT wage progression) and follow the general wage increases after that.

breno2342

I'm a loader. I started on May 20th, at $8.50 of course. I assumed that I would get a $1 raise after 90 days as well as an additional $1.50 raise after the PTers starting wage is bumped up to $10/hr, resulting in $11/hr. However, I talked to a co-worker and he told me that $10/hr starting wage is only for people who start after the new contract goes through, meaning that after 90 days I'll be making 50 cents less than new hires? Can anyone clarify this for me? I find it very troubling if true.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I asked my steward about this very issue. If you started at 8.50 and have not been here long enough for your wage progression to reach 10 dollars then you will be bumped up to 10 dollars. If your last raise put put you at 10.01 cents you get nothing. There is no bump for current employees

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Lots of threads on this topic, but you'll be bumped to $10 retroactive to August 1. You'll make more than new hires.