Package handler in Los Angeles area

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by wantwork, Aug 6, 2012.

1. wantwork

wantwork New Member

Does anyone here work as a package handler for UPS in LA area of California? Been searching online for openings but keep getting results for a package handler job in Louisiana.

LA county in general.... or am I not getting results because no openings but probably will have some as busy season approaches like December?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

3. wantwork

wantwork New Member

don't understand why Los Angeles in the search bar gets confused with Louisiana especially when I spell out los angeles (instead of using its abbreviation, also LA) with CA to be more specific in the state.

Simply no package handler jobs in Southern California? the link you showed for the package handler everything is in northern california...

4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Seriously?????

Does UPS really want a person that does not know that LA = Louisiana?????

Ugh.

5. uber

uber Guest

In the unload it doesn't matter where a package came from.

6. klolx

klolx New Member

LOL strong numbnutz

7. clarnzz

clarnzz Member

For Christ's sake, like the guy doesn't know the state abbreviation for Louisiana is LA. He was talkin Cali and LA is LA. California is practically it's own country and in Cali LA stands for LA.

8. wantwork

wantwork New Member

this, perhaps I should have included a screenshot of what I was talking about. On another note I've found some hubs in the Los Angeles area of the state of California (CA). However the link above from UpstateNYUPSer does not list package handler for these hubs.... I thought UPS package handler has a high turnover rate.

9. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

yes

10. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Lots of hiring going on in San Diego. Just put SD in the search field.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The link I provided was from a search for open jobs in California.

12. wantwork

wantwork New Member

thanks for trying but San Diego at least 120 miles away from Los Angeles, CA.

Guess I'll have to wait for November or December for openings to show up at these hubs?

all the other hubs from upstate's link have openings but are really far minimum 1.5 hour w/o traffic

13. htown0721

htown0721 Guest

You are probably going to have to wait until right before peak season. I work in one of these hubs (I will not say which) but we have had new hires each week for the past month up until this week.

14. CanonPowerlifter

CanonPowerlifter New Member

im going to the one in baldwin park

15. wantwork

wantwork New Member

people stopped quitting? or there are positions but they are not hiring yet?

16. htown0721

htown0721 Guest

We have stopped hiring for right now, but I would keep looking four people were just fired this week