Package Handler Muscle Gain/Body Changes

AndUPSER

A guy I went to high school with started UPS weighing 300 pounds. He's been there about a year and a half and weighs 330 pounds. The sad thing is, it's mostly fat. Nobody knows how he did it. I'm guessing late night fast food runs, but still, it's kind of sad.

As for me, I started UPS at about 265, maybe a little bit more, and I now weigh 205. I would like to get down to 195 by my 2 year anniversary date in August.

BrownChoice

What you are claiming completely flies in the face of modern exercise science. Are you saying that you are an alien? You did not gain muscle while losing fat. Please research the composition of a calorie. When you are burning fat your body is in a caloric deficit. Under these conditions you are not gaining muscle. What, do you also believe fat "transforms" into muscle? Give me a break. This is a ridiculous post. I shudder to think what other false-truths have been controlling your life.

Your taking what i wrote out of context. I dont remember saying I lost fat and gained muscle at the same time. I lift weights in addition and even then it seems to be one or the other.

Indecisi0n

A guy I went to high school with started UPS weighing 300 pounds. He's been there about a year and a half and weighs 330 pounds. The sad thing is, it's mostly fat. Nobody knows how he did it. I'm guessing late night fast food runs, but still, it's kind of sad.

As for me, I started UPS at about 265, maybe a little bit more, and I now weigh 205. I would like to get down to 195 by my 2 year anniversary date in August.
Tell him to stop delivering at mailboxes and walk his ass to the front door.

SmithBarney

When I was a handler, in the unload I dropped from ~186 to ~160 many of my friends said I looked unhealthy, but I felt great. I used to get home from work full of energy and go for a long mountain bike ride. When I moved to pre-loading weight went up a bit ~165, but because the workout actually changes a bit, more lifting(since unloading is 60% lowering stuff) more torque too I was pretty cut in the mid-section. then I went driving that added more cardio, and the additional $$$ meant I was eating more than just ramen... ;) I was right around 170. gym membership who needs it.(I had one, but it was for the tennis courts

The Range

In too deep
Your taking what i wrote out of context. I dont remember saying I lost fat and gained muscle at the same time. I lift weights in addition and even then it seems to be one or the other.

So you quoted me saying "No one is losing fat WHILE gaining muscle" and responded by saying "I lost fat and gained muscle".

When I reaffirm my stance you then write: well I didn't ACTUALLY say I lost fat while gaining muscle, you are taking me out of context.

Then why did you quote me and contradict my original statement?

I am the one with context comprehension issues?

BigSamson

Howdy, just wanting to post my body changes over the past two years at UPS. I started as a sorter and within a year became a sort training supervisor. I started at 6'3 320 pounds, more chubby in the midsection, my quads and calves were already massive from previous manual labor jobs, powerlifting, and daily 9 mile walks to and from work before I paid off my truck. Currently sitting at 300 pounds, my biceps, shoulders, and back muscles have nearly doubled in size (I chalk this up to the high amount of irregs I handle on a daily basis) and I've lost a lot of size in my midsection. The muscles in my legs have become a lot more defined, my biceps and triceps have bulked a lot but are not yet defined. My diet has been a Keto diet for a few years but I've recently cut that because I felt like it didn't give me the energy necessary for long term cardio. I've gone down a few pant sizes (from 42/32 to 38/32). I'm amazed my weight has stayed relatively untouched.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
3IrT0NW5034p.gif

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Howdy, just wanting to post my body changes over the past two years at UPS. I started as a sorter and within a year became a sort training supervisor. I started at 6'3 320 pounds, more chubby in the midsection, my quads and calves were already massive from previous manual labor jobs, powerlifting, and daily 9 mile walks to and from work before I paid off my truck. Currently sitting at 300 pounds, my biceps, shoulders, and back muscles have nearly doubled in size (I chalk this up to the high amount of irregs I handle on a daily basis) and I've lost a lot of size in my midsection. The muscles in my legs have become a lot more defined, my biceps and triceps have bulked a lot but are not yet defined. My diet has been a Keto diet for a few years but I've recently cut that because I felt like it didn't give me the energy necessary for long term cardio. I've gone down a few pant sizes (from 42/32 to 38/32). I'm amazed my weight has stayed relatively untouched.
Why are you handling packages?

Both at work and after...

textat3

The combination of not sleeping, being constantly dehydrated, paranoid, drug use with your coworkers, pounding energy drinks to stay awake on the job, mental-physical-emotionally exhaustion,living in poverty, surrounding yourself with the dredges of society and sweating like 2 rats in a wool sock- for like $16 an hour. Don’t worry though, your CEO has stated you are going fine…nothing to see here.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
_r9QZi (1).gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The combination of not sleeping, being constantly dehydrated, paranoid, drug use with your coworkers, pounding energy drinks to stay awake on the job, mental-physical-emotionally exhaustion,living in poverty, surrounding yourself with the dredges of society and sweating like 2 rats in a wool sock- for like $16 an hour. Don’t worry though, your CEO has stated you are going fine…nothing to see here.
Why not act responsibly insuring yourself adequate amount of daily rest, and not doing drugs? Or better yet, continue living clean and quit UPS for greener pastures if you need better opportunities?

rickyb

I'm curious as to how much muscle some of you long-term package handlers have put on in comparison to when you first started. I wouldn't mind gaining 20, 30 pounds in the next year or two.

I'm going into my second week of loading trailers, (some 18 wheelers[?]) tomorrow. Last week, it wasn't too bad at 4 hours a day, though, on Friday, we worked 7 hours--damn near killed me. My muscles surpassed sore at day 3, with sharp pain (I'm 130 pounds, and out of shape, at that). Though, I've been trying to take around 100-130 grams of protein a day, and am starting to take creatine and protein shakes, this week.

Though, it's so long for a 'workout', and the weight isn't too heavy. So, some people say it's more like cardio than buffing up. I imagine your muscles get used to it after whatever amount of time, and they stop getting bigger but adjust and define. After mine stop getting too sore, I may have to start hitting the gym afterwards for a little more bulk. Though, it's kinda cool having a job that keeps you in shape (even though it's utterly exhausting right now)

(Awesomeness at one-and-a-half over 5 hours. :D)

How has your body held up or changed due to working in a hub? How long have you worked there?
hi im here to report @Johney experienced shrinkage

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
IMG_4509.gif