Package Handler Orientation

yolo1990

Hey, I got invited to go to a orientation. Does this mean I'm hired, or they're thinking of hiring me? Are they going to be weeding out some people and finding the people who will be able to do the job and not quit after a week?

S

splozi

Hey, I got invited to go to a orientation. Does this mean I'm hired, or they're thinking of hiring me? Are they going to be weeding out some people and finding the people who will be able to do the job and not quit after a week?

An "orientation" or "walkthrough" is an opportunity for you to get an interview. There is no guarantee of anything even if you do get an interview. Sometimes you'll get interviewed right away, sometimes you will be called back in for one.

S

splozi

If you got called in to show up for something after an interview, then I'd say you're good to go. They definitely wouldn't care to speak with you again if you weren't being hired.

"Orientation" must be what they call the first day of "training class"?

yolo1990

Sweet, it was kind of weird. After the interview, I was already told about the orientation and waited for a call the next day after they did a background check. Everything went by really fast and I'm gettin my hopes up but I just wanted to ask lol. I guess I might have to really mess up to lose the opportunity.

S

splozi

I hope I didn't give you any false hope. I could very well be wrong. Different centers do things differently... I just know that if they weren't interested in you as a new hire, they wouldn't wanna see your face again. At least that's how it usually works.

Big Babooba

I'm going to let you see the secret package handler training film right now. Because you viewed this film, you will be considered as qualified and will not have to attend any orientation. Just show up to work and say the code word "Jim Casey" and they will put you right to work at the top pay scale.
[video=youtube;B2ZeIoLz8FE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=B2ZeIoLz8FE[/video]