Package Handler Uniforms??

Notretiredyet

I wouldn't bother buying work specific shoes just yet, if its your first day wear the sturdiest leather shoes you own. This job may not be for you, and you will find out the acceptable current level of footwear wanted by the people you work for on the first day anyways. Wear jeans that don't fall off when you bend over and a short or long sleeve tee you're willing to risk destroying and you should be good to go. And leave the phone in the car, as you may not be allowed to bring one in anyways. Good luck.

Gr4ffbomber14

I wouldn't bother buying work specific shoes just yet, if its your first day wear the sturdiest leather shoes you own. This job may not be for you, and you will find out the acceptable current level of footwear wanted by the people you work for on the first day anyways. Wear jeans that don't fall off when you bend over and a short or long sleeve tee you're willing to risk destroying and you should be good to go. And leave the phone in the car, as you may not be allowed to bring one in anyways. Good luck.
Is there any restrictions with beards? I've had my goatee since I was in 9th grade, would be weird without it.

Nimnim

The Nim
Is there any restrictions with beards? I've had my goatee since I was in 9th grade, would be weird without it.

Dude, my beard is over a foot long. Until you go management or driving it's not an issue. Just show up for the interview with it looking neat and tidy.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Dude, my beard is over a foot long. Until you go management or driving it's not an issue. Just show up for the interview with it looking neat and tidy.

I think I know who you are now, lol! Yet I think I always knew.

I grew my hair out and had a nice thick beard growing during the colder months. Then it doesnt really matter, because the heat hasnt start setting in. I earned a new nick name, preload Jesus! Kept the hair long and in a ponytail, cause I like ponies as well. Shave the face often, helps keep the heat away.

To the OP, I wear body armour, sleeve less shirt and shorts. Its lite, durable and washes up like new each and everytime. You can wear sleeve-less, just dont wear a wife beater type of shirt, thats not allowed. For some reason, they want the shirt to cover the upper body, shoulders.

Shoes, steel toe works great. I wore for about 3 years a non slip chefs shoes. Non steel tip, I felt everything that hit my toes. I was afraid of the things said about steel toe, yet one day decided to just try it. I havnt looked back since, they protect the toes very well.

In some countries overseas, they make PT workers wear the browns when working. Theres probably a host of things to as why they do this.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Is there a certain uniform for package handlers? Or can I wear pretty much anything?

Overall, wear clothing like you would working out or playing basketball. Lite and breathable, and perhaps sweet wicking away type cloth. The shoes, have to be nonslip. I would stay away from boots, and try a low cut shoe with steel toe. Boots arnt too much for walking the distance one might cover in a night working here at UPS. You want to feel comfort and have protection. Brahma makes a good low cut shoe with steel toe, they sell them at walmart for about 30$ a pair.

ibleedbrown

you will need a straight jacket and hockey mask. lol j/k basically pretty much anything. no tank tops, black or brown leather work shoes or boots. clothes that you dont mind getting dirty, ripped etc etc.

air_dr

you will need a straight jacket and hockey mask. lol j/k basically pretty much anything. no tank tops, black or brown leather work shoes or boots. clothes that you dont mind getting dirty, ripped etc etc.
Especially when it gets hot, I've seen lots of guys wearing tank tops or even t-shirts cut open down the sides.

If I were in your place, I would first listen to what they tell you, then look at what other people are wearing, keeping in mind that every place has both official and unofficial rules about lots of things, and then decide you think is right for you.

dudebro

You won't see any of those in a hub. If you do, get her number fast, she had no idea what she was signing up for, and will vanish within a week or two.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
What if its a cute girl with low cut jeans, showing off a g string? I'm a big fan of that.

There is a part time sup like that on the preload in my center. Often has the whale tail when bending over doing union work, but no one seems to notice the latter.