Package Jalopy

The center i work at has some trucks in service that are older than I am. Trying to pull the damn things in the shop with no power steering is a workout. But the high step is nice when you need to slide under the truck without jacking it up

Overpaid Union Thug

Don't you love drivers who attitude is "even if I write it up the shop will just red tag it or switch the car out". This is the best time of the year to get things fixed. Come January we will have a whole row of red tags and the centers are forced to cut routes because "we don't have enough package cars".
There are plenty of drivers that have that attitude and that's exactly why the OP ended up with a truck in that condition.

rod

Retired 22 years
The center i work at has some trucks in service that are older than I am. Trying to pull the damn things in the shop with no power steering is a workout. But the high step is nice when you need to slide under the truck without jacking it up

You think that's bad try delivering out of one of those mother's 10 or 11 hours a day for years like many drivers have done.