package to feeders

xracer

Both positions do have thier pro's and con's and the decision has to be made by the individual, I have worked both positions and I enjoy the people contact that is associated with package but enjoy the paycheck and believe it or not the more hours I seem to have to available to do other things in feeders. Although I work more hours while in feeders, because of the different shift time I actually could get more things done around the house. Right now I am currently working in package but will probably be back in feeders in a few short months, not all centers allow you to switch back and forth between classifications but in our center there is only one seniority list for bidding purposes which allows us the freedom to change, we have had low seniority employee's that were forced to stay in the feeder classification when they wanted to transfer into package only to go down to the local DMV office and turn in thier CDL so as to disqualify themselves and thus be able to make the move to package and management could not do anything about it. Just wanted to make you aware of this incase the center you are in does not allow for you to change between classifications and you decide a few months down the road that feeders is not for you.