packages per hour

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by package_pusher, Nov 20, 2014.

1. package_pusher

package_pusher New Member

Does anyone know the formula for PPH? I'm so tired of hearing "there is a specific formula. We don't make this up. " BS! Not counting add/cuts? If I don't rev I won't hit pph? How is this true?

2. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

Lol, yeah, bruh.

the number of packages you unload, sort or load during a shift divided by the time you've spent on the clock

So for example, 1200 packages loaded in 4 hours would be 300 PPH.

Man... Common Core's got our country all :censored2:ed up when it comes to basic math...

3. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

If you made book already....PPH means nothing. If they complain...tell them you are working as fast as you safely can.

4. jibbs

PPH IS EVERYTHING BB58

5. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Nope. Safety is everything. Weren't you at the PCM?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. package_pusher

Umm, I can divide just fine. Where does the rev time come in? How do add/cuts fit in? Thanks for taking a rude shot at this question but OBVIOUSLY you don't know the answer either.

7. package_pusher

All they do is complain about pph!

8. jibbs

Preload PCMs are different from the driver ones, mang.

You haven't seen rude, brutha. I'm being downright jovial with your non-mathematical ass.

add/cuts are a part of the whole, so it tacks onto your total package count. If you aren't on the clock when your add/cuts are pulled, it won't effect your PPH.

9. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

UPS started using Common Core math
    Common-Core_1.jpg

10. bleedinbrown58

And again....it means nothing. It's as effective as complaining about the rain. If they try to discipline you for it...ask for your steward. Otherwise, play deaf. I've been a loader for 8 years...and guess what? They complain about everything at one time or another.

11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. bleedinbrown58

He told you the answer. Add cuts factor in as additions or subtractions to your total # of pieces.

13. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

This stuff was created by people who had to come up with SOMETHING to justify their jobs, kind of like the engineers at FedEx and UPS. I'm so glad my kids weren't taught this idiocy. I hope it is removed from the schools before my kids have kids.

14. Mustang Nick

Mustang Nick New Member

Im sorry, whats rev? There needs to be a limit to how many PPH a worker gets. I put this on every survey they give me asking if im being treated fairly and getting paid enough. I'm tired of working 400-500 pph days.

15. bleedinbrown58

For what they pay me an hour...they can piss and moan about whatever they want. The only numbers that are ,important are the ones on my paycheck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. rod

rod retired and happy

17. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Im working to the best of my ability. The union does not recognize any made up imaginary production numbers of the day

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. bleedinbrown58

Not to me it isn't. Idgaf....lol

19. jibbs

See, that's why you come into trucks labeled "QUIT" and "FIRE." It's allllllll about the attitude.

Seriously, though, :censored2: a PPH. As long as the trucks are loaded by the time the belts stop rolling, there shouldn't be a problem.

20. bleedinbrown58

They actually changed the QUIT truck to another route name after a seasonal quit halfway through his 2nd day on the road alone on that route last month...lmao