packages per hour

package_pusher

Does anyone know the formula for PPH? I'm so tired of hearing "there is a specific formula. We don't make this up. " BS! Not counting add/cuts? If I don't rev I won't hit pph? How is this true?

J

jibbs

Lol, yeah, bruh.

the number of packages you unload, sort or load during a shift divided by the time you've spent on the clock

So for example, 1200 packages loaded in 4 hours would be 300 PPH.

Man... Common Core's got our country all :censored2:ed up when it comes to basic math...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Does anyone know the formula for PPH? I'm so tired of hearing "there is a specific formula. We don't make this up. " BS! Not counting add/cuts? If I don't rev I won't hit pph? How is this true?
If you made book already....PPH means nothing. If they complain...tell them you are working as fast as you safely can.

package_pusher

Umm, I can divide just fine. Where does the rev time come in? How do add/cuts fit in? Thanks for taking a rude shot at this question but OBVIOUSLY you don't know the answer either.

J

jibbs

Nope. Safety is everything. Weren't you at the PCM?

Preload PCMs are different from the driver ones, mang.

Umm, I can divide just fine. Where does the rev time come in? How do add/cuts fit in? Thanks for taking a rude shot at this question but OBVIOUSLY you don't know the answer either.

You haven't seen rude, brutha. I'm being downright jovial with your non-mathematical ass.

add/cuts are a part of the whole, so it tacks onto your total package count. If you aren't on the clock when your add/cuts are pulled, it won't effect your PPH.

oldngray

nowhere special

UPS started using Common Core math
Common-Core_1.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
All they do is complain about pph!
And again....it means nothing. It's as effective as complaining about the rain. If they try to discipline you for it...ask for your steward. Otherwise, play deaf. I've been a loader for 8 years...and guess what? They complain about everything at one time or another.

Mustang Nick

Im sorry, whats rev? There needs to be a limit to how many PPH a worker gets. I put this on every survey they give me asking if im being treated fairly and getting paid enough. I'm tired of working 400-500 pph days.

J

jibbs

See, that's why you come into trucks labeled "QUIT" and "FIRE." It's allllllll about the attitude.

Seriously, though, :censored2: a PPH. As long as the trucks are loaded by the time the belts stop rolling, there shouldn't be a problem.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
See, that's why you come into trucks labeled "QUIT" and "FIRE." It's allllllll about the attitude.

Seriously, though, :censored2: a PPH. As long as the trucks are loaded by the time the belts stop rolling, there shouldn't be a problem.
They actually changed the QUIT truck to another route name after a seasonal quit halfway through his 2nd day on the road alone on that route last month...lmao