Packmule

Packmule

Our center manager notified us that we will soon have a program called "telematics" coming down the pike. Sounded like a bunch of spying to me. Anybody out there experienced this yet and what do you think of it?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Never heard of it ... you must be the first center. I had heard of a system that was going to replace supervisors and use to discipline drivers for not following methods. This must be it.

Packmule

Claims they can even tell if you are walking to your stop without putting the diad in the pouch. ( worried about you slipping or tripping) This totally flies in the face of my prior training.

Nimnim

The Nim
I heard telematics also includes a sensor that detects incoming meteors and alerts the drivers with a friendly beep so as to not get hit by them.

Packmule

This is my concern. It's not that we shouldn't be doing things right, but quality people will start leaving and not applying at UPS because they refuse to work in an environment that treats them with this much disrespect. Love my company. It's a 100 year old company, but weather it is everything corporate America can and should be, or everything people hate about corporate America, depends on who is currently running the ship. This current batch leaves a lot to be desired.

This is my concern. It's not that we shouldn't be doing things right, but quality people will start leaving and not applying at UPS because they refuse to work in an environment that treats them with this much disrespect. Love my company. It's a 100 year old company, but weather it is everything corporate America can and should be, or everything people hate about corporate America, depends on who is currently running the ship. This current batch leaves a lot to be desired.
I've seen two people quit out of a thousand and alot of names on the bid sheets when they come up. So I don't see many leaving.

Braveheart

I hear the building down the road got telematics and the drivers sere 20 mins behind due to it.

Thanks for the OT UPS. You micromanagers are the best.

Non sequitur

Where the hell have you guys been, our building has had telematics for 2 years now. We must have been one of the test case buildings. You will be required to be 100% on seatbelt, bulkhead door. They can gps your speed and it records how hard you brake. Oh ya almost forgot how many times you back. Thats nothing, our building is also moving on to the new "back up camera", and yes they will be able to see the driver. No bull:censored2:.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Is it true that telematics will actually drive the car at the posted speed limit, directly to the next proper stop according to EDD at the point that will give us the quickest, most efficient, path of least resistance? And all I basically have to do is sit int he seat and ride along and deliver the packages? If so, I'm all for it :smart: