Pain Management

BrownThunder

I have a partner who shows up every day obviously blasted off weed. He's so dumb because not only does he not use visine, but he's cheesing hard as hell and wants to talk more than anyone in our training classes.

I'm like bro, lay low until that high wares off!

He has the strength of a silverback gorilla though, so hey more power to him. I don't see him staying very much longer.

G

Googler666

Sometimes thats all certain people are able to achieve. Labor intensive work, not everyones a winner.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
As a 9 year FT tiny female driver with arthritis, severe in some joints, lots of stretching, chiropractor once a week, and added therapeutic massage once per week last year. I enjoy the job more than not and believe personally that it's better for my health to remain as active as possible. My other employment opportunities would be pretty sedentary and I just can't see that as enjoyable. I have also found NSAIDs to be a necessary evil.

onehandsolo

About 18 months ago at age 45 I hired a personal trainer. She came up with a plan that would help me with this job I do two 30 minute sessions a week and two 30 minutes of cardio a week on my own. It as made a huge difference and made this a lot easier. Your core strength is very important to your over all health

Wayne05

Do any of you experience numbness in your hands and arms? I never had this issue until I started working here. It's really bad when I first wake up. If I lay on my side, my arm will "fall asleep" quickly. I wonder if this is due to inflammation in the tissue surrounding the nerve. I doubt it's actual nerve damage, because I think that would be a more permanent "sleep" feeling.

I get this! It's a nerve that runs through your elbow. Your "funnybone" if you're laying with your arm curled or putting pressure on it, it can swell and cause numbness or tingling in your hand. Sometimes I just lose feeling for a while.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I get this! It's a nerve that runs through your elbow. Your "funnybone" if you're laying with your arm curled or putting pressure on it, it can swell and cause numbness or tingling in your hand. Sometimes I just lose feeling for a while.

It's called the ulnar nerve and I had both of my elbows operated on to reposition this nerve.

Trouble sleeping on one shoulder sounds like a rotator cuff injury I had.
I'm a 41 year old feeder driver, been in hub 24 hrs a week since January, messed my shoulder up from working like an idiot. Took 4 months to heal.
I stopped throwing bags. Heavy boxes never lift above chest. Don't try catching falling boxes. Use load stands. When unloading I just pull the whole freeking wall down so I don't have to reach.
Yell to you sup to get help with heavy e-regs and don't touch it until he gets you help.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
The Relyyks patch might work for some of you guys with muscle/nerve aches. Costs over $4000 but was covered by insurance. It can help you get the day started but due to all the movement we do it will usually shift around. At the end of the day its usually backwards stuck on my shirt.