Palin Quits as Alaskan Governor

browndevil

And yet now we have a (former) cocaine snorter/pothead who has those launch codes.

As a public servant with a history of drug abuse, can't we at least give him random drug tests? Like firemen and police officers get?
......and feeder drivers. At least he is a "former" and not not a "current" abuser.
Who said, and I paraphrase here" When I was young and stupid, I was young and stupid?"
I too did some young and stupid things

over9five

Staff member
I know. It just REALLY irritates me that I (with NO drug history), just a truck driver, HAS to be randomly drug tested.

But an admitted drug abuser, who's finger is on the nuclear trigger, does not.

Not just the current President. I think ANY President (whether an admitted cocaine snorter/pothead like Obama, or not) should be randomly drug tested.

It's insane we test police officers, firefighters, EMTs, truck drivers, etc....
...but not the man who could launch a thousand nukes.

tieguy

Banned
I know. It just REALLY irritates me that I (with NO drug history), just a truck driver, HAS to be randomly drug tested.

Not just the current President. I think ANY President (whether an admitted cocaine snorter/pothead like Obama, or not) should be randomly drug tested.

same guy who thinks he can balance the budget and throw money around in the trillions. drug testing may not be a bad idea.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We do NOT need Palin to be our next President.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I do NOT want someone who speaks in toungues and believes that we live in the "end times" to have the launch codes for 2500 nuclear warheads.

When has Palin ever spoken in tongues? Only far left websites have made that claim. While she did attend a Pentecostal type church at one time, that doesn't mean she speaks in tongues.

Weird move if she wants to make a Presidential run in 2014. She should have finished out her term as Governor, that would leave two years to do whatever she wants.

P

pickup

When has Palin ever spoken in tongues? Only far left websites have made that claim. While she did attend a Pentecostal type church at one time, that doesn't mean she speaks in tongues.

Weird move if she wants to make a Presidential run in 2014. She should have finished out her term as Governor, that would leave two years to do whatever she wants.

actually, 2012 election ,scratch. Which means she would have to gear up for the first primaries in jan of 2012, which really means being ready in 2011. This move allows her to untie herself from the faraway state of alaska and allows her to build up a grass roots campaign in other states. . She does the books, which is free advertising for her beliefs and then she has the opportunity to do book signings and political speeches at whatever places that are conveniently scheduled with those book signings.

She could never have done this while governor of Alaska. What does she need with Alaska now anyway? The state will certainly vote for her in a primary or presidential election.

She needs to have another debut. I don't think she was dumb like Qualye was. Just very unpolished and unprepared. It wasn't her campaign and she followed along with what McCain's campaign told her to do. Am I campaigning for her? No. Did I vote for her ticket the first time around? No. Only because I thought McCain was just too darn old and she was too much of an unknown to have as a president. I am curious to see what happens.

diesel96

And yet now we have a (former) cocaine snorter/pothead who has those launch codes.

As a public servant with a history of drug abuse, can't we at least give him random drug tests? Like firemen and police officers get?

Guess you rather not have a president who is truthful and upfront with his past drug use, and perfer the last 2 POTUS's who were very vague, didn't inhale and tried to skirt around the issues.

same guy who thinks he can balance the budget and throw money around in the trillions. drug testing may not be a bad idea.

Are you refering to Reagan, Bush I, Bush II, or Obama ?

Reminds me of what they did to Dan Quayle. When the media wants to make a joke of you, it is hard to come back from that..

And the Howard Dean Scream......

over9five

Staff member
Guess you rather not have a president who is truthful and upfront with his past drug use, and perfer the last 2 POTUS's who were very vague, didn't inhale and tried to skirt around the issues.

C'mon Diesel, I said not just the current President, but ANY President should be drug tested. There's too much at stake NOT to do random drug tests on Presidents.

chev

Nightcrawler
Guess you rather not have a president who is truthful and upfront with his past drug use, and prefer the last 2 POTUS's who were very vague, didn't inhale and tried to skirt around the issues.
Oh, You mean kinda like the way the new pres. skirted around the whole real birth certificate issue?
:wink2:

UPS Lifer

I like Arnold.....at least he realizes you have to cut programs, not spend more, to reduce a deficit.

Arnold has never been the problem.... It has been the democratic legislature and the powerful state employee unions as well as firemen-police-teacher unions.

These unions have thrown millions upon millions to lobby against the governator and his support of reducing costs through bills and propositions!!!

I don't think that the governor needs to be tested for drugs as much as the legislatures of these states!

You want to clean house? This is the way to do it!

UPS Lifer

When I first posted this I thought, "This will take the focus off Mark Sanford"!

I think that Sarah has always put family before anything else. If she had hindsight, she would not have agreed to run on the McCain ticket.

She is a mother and a wife first and everything else is secondary. She is doing what any good husband or wife would do for their family. How can any person not respect her for her commitment to her family?

Don't count her out in the future. She has a LOYAL following who will stand by her through thick and thin. She is the Martha Stewart of politics!

Nixon came back after losing the Presidency in 1960 and then the governorship for CA. EVERYONE thought he was politically dead. He even came back as an elder statesman after his exit from the presidency.

She may be a force to be reckoned with in 2016 or 2020. I don't think 2012 is her immediate goal.

You may see her run for a national office in Congress as her next step. But only after she capitalizes on her celebrity and takes care of her family.

She is a lot smarter than most people give her credit for and this will play to her advantage in all future endeavors. :thumbup1:
JMHO

over9five

Staff member
And yet:

Obama quit his Senator job.

As did Hillary.

Rahm Emanuel quit his Congressman job.

Where was the liberal press whenever a Democrat quit their job????

brett636

And yet:

As did Hillary.

That would mean the liberal press would have to remove their double standard when it comes to Palin. They work too hard to spin every political move Palin makes as bad while doing the opposite for liberal democrats.

I agree with UPSlifer, in the next 4-12 years she will be a major player on the national scene. Possibly even a future POTUS.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And yet:

As did Hillary.

I think you're confusing a lone cartoonist with [-]"the liberal press"[/-] plenty of people on both the right and left. Karl Rove was certainly less than impressed, though I think Bill Kristol stuck up for her.
The democrats you mentioned all quit their previous jobs to move up. John McCain was prepared to do the same thing, and noone batted an eye when Palin was quitting her job in order to take a shot at the VP spot. Democrats and republicans do it all the time in politics and it's no big deal.
It's not quitting her job that's the issue, it's quitting in the middle of her first term for no discernible reason other than that she apparently just didn't feel like doing it anymore.
As far as her making a run in 2012, I think that would be a donkey's dream come true. The base may love her but on the national scene she's a train wreck. The best thing she can do for the GOP is ride off into the sunset, maybe get a job with FOX as a political analyst. I'm sure she could draw a pretty nice check, and she might learn something from hanging out with Rove.

wkmac

Karl Rove was certainly less than impressed, though I think Bill Kristol stuck up for her.

Fox News Sunday Show, June 29th 2008' Bill Kristol announces McCain's VP will be Sarah Palin. Seen here in this BC post last August.

I had no idea Bill Kristol's night job was working for the phychic friends network!

:wink2: