PANDAS!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm so freaking sick of the pandas. I watched one of our propaganda films today and was angry that we can spend big bucks to specially paint an airplane, a CTV, and then provide special uniforms for the "Panda Crew", all so FedEx can spew massive PR. Did anyone notice the FedEx logo on-top of the CTV so the TV helicopters could be sure to get it into the shot? Oh yeah, don't forget flying a 777 with 1 pallet on-board all the way to China. ($$$$$$$$$) If I want a new pair of our see-through fabric sweatshop-produced crappy pants it has to get approved by the Managing Director. That makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? No, it doesn't.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Isn't putting Panda's on a pallet with the numrous restraints a hangable offense in China?
It should be!
Were they upgraded to the front of the 777, formerly referred to as "First Class"??

Bamboo on real china and silver??

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Isn't putting Panda's on a pallet with the numrous restraints a hangable offense in China?
It should be!
Were they upgraded to the front of the 777, formerly referred to as "First Class"??

Bamboo on real china and silver??

You could be hanged for even mentioning the sacred pandas with such disrespect. I'm sure they were served the finest bamboo in appropriate style courtesy of FedEx. Please start shipping them again via UPS. You can have the whales, sea lions and various other species of "public relations" creatures too.

Washu234

I mean in all fairness this is cheaper then our Nascar/FedEx Cup/FedEx Field/FedEx Forum/FedEx Bowl. A few paint jobs (upon closer observation vinyls?) and a free flight = global press? I'm sure this bodes well with FedEx relations with China too.

If you want to get pissed how about the millions of dollars spent destroying a global brand (Kinkos) to a noncreative brand FedEx:Office.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I mean in all fairness this is cheaper then our Nascar/FedEx Cup/FedEx Field/FedEx Forum/FedEx Bowl. A few paint jobs (upon closer observation vinyls?) and a free flight = global press? I'm sure this bodes well with FedEx relations with China too.

If you want to get pissed how about the millions of dollars spent destroying a global brand (Kinkos) to a noncreative brand FedEx:Office.

FedEx wastes a lot of money. Your Kinko's example is perhaps the best ever. Why did they even bother?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fedex today announced that Ling-Ling, a 3 year-old male panda from Sichuan Province in China, had been appointed Vice-President of Asian Operations. Ling-Ling will be paid $500,000 per year, and all the bamboo he can eat. In a related story, FedEx announced that they are donating $600,000 to help establish panda preserves at 10 different locations in China. US hourly employees will be asked to return their huge 2.2% payraise in order to help defer the costs of saving the most precious and beloved pandas. The grateful Chinese government responded by giving Fedex COO Frederick W. Smith his own pet panda, which he has named Scru-Yu in honor of his employees. Anyone who disagrees with any of this wlll be executed by firing squad.