Panel Interview Scenario's

vegetablevn

Brownie:

I've been with UPS 32 years. 30 in management, and like Tie said, I've yet to see a hardworking honest person fired for a mistake. I've made a few big ones myself.

On the other hand, I think some of your requirements can hold you back.

You can desire to work in a certain function, but there is no guarantee that UPS' needs won't change.

During the career development process a good manager will ask your preferences for job position. That manager won't make any promises however.

For instance, you mention P.E. The P.E. function has changed much over the last few years. P.E., Automotive, and I.E., have pretty much merged into an Engineering function.

Plant Engineers who thought they knew their next step, had to adjust to the new situation.

These things go along with the territory. If you choose to go into management, go knowing that your job may change as the business needs change.

I've worked multiple districts, regions, and functions. Now, looking back those different experiences made me better.

Best of luck to you,

P-Man

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

Raw

Raw Member
Integrity at UPS is a joke. They needed to add a female to an all male supervisor team. Instead of coming out and saying we needed a female, they tried to say she was the most qualified for the position. Yes, integrity is a joke at UPS.

Of course, that would be illegel!

Raw

Raw Member
Also if you go into management be prepared to buy new clothes 4 to 5 sizes larger, probally just 2 sizes larger the first couple months as you will get very out of shape! Also look into cholesteral meds and start hunting for a good heart valve doctor!! :happy-very:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Of course, that would be illegel!

What is illegal and how?

"Most qualified" determination for a management position (and most positions) is a result of a very subjective process by it's nature ... it all comes down to opinions and how the candidates present themselves.

Raw

Raw Member
What is illegal and how?

"Most qualified" determination for a management position (and most positions) is a result of a very subjective process by it's nature ... it all comes down to opinions and how the candidates present themselves.

Whatever you have to tell yourself! :wink2: But to answer your question - DISCRIMINATION!

Nimnim

The Nim
Whatever you have to tell yourself! :wink2: But to answer your question - DISCRIMINATION!

I've actually made jokes about this. On my sort there's a really cool PT sup who's been a PT sup longer than most work at UPS it seems. He also happens to be black, so I told him he should go for FT, all he'd have to say is, "Hey, I'm black." Since at this time every FT sup on my shift is a while male.