Panhandlers on your route

MendozaJ

If you are a seemingly able bodied individual, you get nothing from me. Sign and a story? Stay off the drugs. Money for the train? Start walking. I've already logged over six miles for the day. Asking me on my ninth hour of work? You get the side eye :glare:. Spare the Catholic guilt during the holidays. You may want God to bless me, but I still have to roll my ass out of bed every morning.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My decision whether to donate or not is based on the individual making the request. If they are able bodied I keep on going but if they are truly in need of help, which they are unable to provide on their own, I will give them a few bucks.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
When I worked in the city, a guy I worked with came back to the building so pissed one night. He said a panhandler asked him for money for one food one day. He went in a deli, bought him a turkey sandwich, and handed it to him. The panhandler responded, I don't eat meat. LMAO!

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I offered a guy begging for money a job for the day and he said no. Ever since then I stop giving these people money. Saw him a week later with a sign in one hand and a cell phone in the other.

When I worked in the city, a guy I worked with came back to the building so :censored2: one night. He said a panhandler asked him for money for one food one day. He went in a deli, bought him a turkey sandwich, and handed it to him. The panhandler responded, I don't eat meat. LMAO!
I had one ask for for a couple of dollars so he could buy a ham sandwich. I gave him one from my lunch bucket. He said I didn't want a friend* ham sandwich, I wanted beer money.
Well.... you should have said that in the first place.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There was a young couple out by the road that leads in to Walmart begging for money. I was at a red light so I stopped the PC, got out and gave them $5.

They were there again the next day.

I don't give them money anymore.

Pooter

Gave a few dollars to 2 young homeless guys; 1 year later they are still sleeping under the bridge and hitting exit ramps. Must be a nice life.

I feel bad for the elderly, many things can lead to poverty and really hard to recover at that age.

My buddy landscapes and the young ones never want to work :confused:

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I had one ask for for a couple of dollars so he could buy a ham sandwich. I gave him one from my lunch bucket. He said I didn't want a friend* ham sandwich, I wanted beer money.
Well.... you should have said that in the first place.

I feel like this happens to a lot of people who try and give food to them

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I once made the mistake of asking a doable homeless woman if she would be willing to pay for her donation in trade. After a series of very painful shots I vowed never to make that mistake again.