Pants in the summer??

InRythmWithTime

I've gone big, now I'm going home
Situation is I have a tattoo on my leg of nothing vulgar or offending. I was told by my onroad 6 years ago that I would have to wear pants...OK I thought and that was that. Not until now have I had a problem with the heat, yesterday I wasn't sure if I was gonna make it thru the day. This morning I said friend-it put the shorts on. Right away center manager tells me I have to wear long pants. I said ok walked out of the office into my pc. (wearing shorts all day was nice, reminded me of skinny dipping) Now here is my concern, I have no problem what so ever abiding to realistic terms from corporate. But there are a couple of people who have tattoos on their arms and aren't told to have long sleeve shirts. I am not the type of person to say "well what about him and what about her" Its not my style to throw anyone under any bus. All tho I can be very confrontational. If any of you have any advise it will be greatly appreciated! I've been a morning reader of just about all of your input for the past 4 years, you make my coffee that much sweeter. thank you for your time

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We have a guy who has a native tattoo and they told him that too. For a while he wore and ace over it, (bandage), now I dont think anyone cares. Its all about the SOCKS

Indecisi0n

We are all adults here. You made a decision to get a tattoo so deal with the consequences. Throwing another driver under he bus isn't going to make the center manager change his mind about you. All it does is fuxk your coworker over. Zip your mouth and put on your pants.

Situation is I have a tattoo on my leg of nothing vulgar or offending. I was told by my onroad 6 years ago that I would have to wear pants...OK I thought and that was that. Not until now have I had a problem with the heat, yesterday I wasn't sure if I was gonna make it thru the day. This morning I said friend-it put the shorts on. Right away center manager tells me I have to wear long pants. I said ok walked out of the office into my pc. (wearing shorts all day was nice, reminded me of skinny dipping) Now here is my concern, I have no problem what so ever abiding to realistic terms from corporate. But there are a couple of people who have tattoos on their arms and aren't told to have long sleeve shirts. I am not the type of person to say "well what about him and what about her" Its not my style to throw anyone under any bus. All tho I can be very confrontational. If any of you have any advise it will be greatly appreciated! I've been a morning reader of just about all of your input for the past 4 years, you make my coffee that much sweeter. thank you for your time
Change on route.

InRythmWithTime

We are all adults here. You made a decision to get a tattoo so deal with the consequences. Throwing another driver under he bus isn't going to make the center manager change his mind about you. All it does is fuxk your coworker over. Zip your mouth and put on your pants.
Last thing I want to do is fuxk my coworker or be INDECISIVE for that matter. Being all adults here, U saying zip my mouth kinda pissed my off. Dad. So when the standard of health and ability comes forth are the over weight and lazy going to be grand fathered in?

Indecisi0n

Last thing I want to do is fuxk my coworker or be INDECISIVE for that matter. Being all adults here, U saying zip my mouth kinda :censored2: my off. Dad. So when the standard of health and ability comes forth are the over weight and lazy going to be grand fathered in?
First and foremost I prefer to be called "daddy" no "dad".
Don't want to wear pants then get the tattoo removed.

Last thing I want to do is fuxk my coworker or be INDECISIVE for that matter. Being all adults here, U saying zip my mouth kinda :censored2: my off. Dad. So when the standard of health and ability comes forth are the over weight and lazy going to be grand fathered in?
When we started they knew what tattoos we had. If they wasn't up to snuff,we couldn't go on the road.
Ups always wanted a clean military like appearance.

Getting harder to find people who can fit that description.

Yes I have a tatoo bit not where it can be seen.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You were told 6 years ago you needed to wear pants. You could of walked then. I know a guy that has to wear pants and sleeves year round. It sucks but he does it.

If you feel it's too hot call in.

We have a few drivers that do just that. They always say " there is no way my on road is going to come out of his nice cool office to watch anyone."

Not saying you should do it but I believe the worst they can do when/if caught is a warning letter for being out of uniform.
Unless they are gunning for you, you should be fine. Unless it is something really volgure.

InRythmWithTime

We have a few drivers that do just that. They always say " there is no way my on road is going to come out of his nice cool office to watch anyone."

Not saying you should do it but I believe the worst they can do when/if caught is a warning letter for being out of uniform.
To the best of my knowledge this is my cms last week and we are getting some new blood, my onroad has been so busy doing his and center manager"s job that I don't think he even noticed me in shorts at the pcm this morning.side note, I Know he respects me for the work I do and it is a mutual feeling. A coworker had recommended that when new center manager arrives just pretend I have been in shorts the whole time.