Paper !!!!!!

Rainman

Its all good.
On paper for 5 years. 2 clipboards every day. 400-450 pieces a day. 6 or 7 area numbers. Not a big deal when you are used to it. It's been about 25 years, but I still can walk and write on a clipboard legibly. Some skills you never loose.
BTW, never hand your clip board to someone to sign, sandwiched between 2 packages, when you are delivering to a boat. It didn't work out too great.

Wizzy

Started in 84 on paper! Don't remember when we got that first DIAD but it was top heavy and at first we had to type that tracking #which was worse than paper. Young guys are usually more amazed that we didn't know how many packages we had for stop. At least I was never in the office because my bulk head door was open to long!

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Funny Johney, how that 323-999 is still at the top of your mind. You beat me to it. Sheeted up a lot of jc penney. Started driving in 1991, and drove quite a bit of air prior to that. Lots of pads, lots of clipboards, lots of bankers clips.

JackStraw

Used to cover the cardboard backing of the Del. Rec. pad with tape and use as a rain shield. Pilot pen were the only ones that would write on wet paper.

Rainman

Its all good.
When your pad got wet you stopped in at the local convenience store, put it into the microwave for 5 seconds, and you were good to go.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Used to cover the cardboard backing of the Del. Rec. pad with tape and use as a rain shield. Pilot pen were the only ones that would write on wet paper.
Ah no. The fisher space pen writes underwater and ALSO on wet paper. Expensive pen? Yes! But worth a million bucks in a down pour or when it rained all day.

Packmule

Started driving in 1983. Paper for years. Between separating carbons and originals, and counting out cash collected on CODs, that is why the ten minutes of paid break was negotiated. We were being compensated for the paperwork we were doing on break because a coffee shop and a bathroom always made the job easier. That's also why today, I have no qualms about spending ten PAID minutes sorting down the second half of the day.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Ah no. The fisher space pen writes underwater and ALSO on wet paper. Expensive pen? Yes! But worth a million bucks in a down pour or when it rained all day.

Really?? Where the heck are you Seattle? I don't think I had that much trouble. I just turned on the defrost . That dried it between stops.

40 and out

I love telling the rookies about paper records and how you had to know when you changed areas so to change clipboards. When I started I delivered 4 different areas so I had to change clipboards all day.
Running a junk split route and having to turn in 3 time cards stapled together because I was in so many different areas and there were only 4 lines on each card for area numbers.