Parcel Pending Drop off lockers

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good for sporh, but since your dispatch for said day is x amount of stops in the system; when you scan each pig seperately it adds how ever many extra scans as additional stops. So the next day dispatch says "hey, driver just did 50 more stops in the same amount of time than are manifest had went out with, let's add 25 actual stops cause the numbers are all that matter". And they actually do that. I scan every apt building as 1 stop and bring to the doors. This helps. And it's not falsifying documents since 5 pkgs at 1 stop is what they have in their system as well. Helped me out tremendously.

If you are going to each and every apartment you should be taking credit for each stop.

I also see this as a potential issue if one or more of the packages goes missing. Since you are not putting the apartment number(s) in when you sheet the package(s), how would you know which apartment(s) you left the package(s) at when you have a DFU?

NonDeliverOtherMissed

I have an apartment complex it's in my board as 1 stops. Scan package, put in apt number for each individual box, prerecord, then go back into prerecord and select LA RES, then office signs and put in leasing office for where pkgs were left at....one stops turns into 10-15.... I do not hit DUP stops...been doing it for years management has never said a word about it.

Future

Victory Ride
I have an apartment complex it's in my board as 1 stops. Scan package, put in apt number for each individual box, prerecord, then go back into prerecord and select LA RES, then office signs and put in leasing office for where pkgs were left at....one stops turns into 10-15.... I do not hit DUP stops...been doing it for years management has never said a word about it.
We had a guy get into deep trouble for that....at a college dorm....guess it's up to each individual center ...what is good

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a guy get into deep trouble for that....at a college dorm....guess it's up to each individual center ...what is good
Per the training it's supposed to be individual stops. We had a campus guy who they switched it up on him and said no it's one stop. He went from running an hour over every day to running 4 hours over every day.

The. The harassment started. 3 day rides over and over. Every day wtf happened. All because they changed the way he sheeted stuff. Idiots.

BrownTexas

Per the training it's supposed to be individual stops. We had a campus guy who they switched it up on him and said no it's one stop. He went from running an hour over every day to running 4 hours over every day.

The. The harassment started. 3 day rides over and over. Every day wtf happened. All because they changed the way he sheeted stuff. Idiots.
I've always been told "if you attempt it to the apartment first then take to office, left at. If you take it straight to office, dup."

MendozaJ

I wish I could get some lockers for some of my buildings. Some apartments have buzzers that connect directly to the tenant's cell phone from which they can actually buzz you in. It's extremely time consuming scrolling through the digital menu for the name/apt, hitting the corresponding code, having the phone ring, only to get a voice mail. When customers tape a note in the foyer instructing me to leave packages at their door, but don't bother to buzz me in despite the ability to do so anywhere with cellular service, I'll NI their asses and send them to an AP.

I don't see how a doorman building can only count as one stop. The diad is not not coded to recognize when a collective set of apts belong to a doorman building. Are they instructing you to not enter apt #s? Just scan right down the line without entering the relevant information? That nonsense wouldn't fly here. Each apt is counted as a stop. The lockers should not be treated any differently.

novadriver

Does anyone else have this on their route? It's a whole wall of different sized lockers in one of my new apartment buildings I deliver to. I am suppose to put people's packages in a secured locker instead of walking to their apartment door. It's kind of a neat idea. Saves me 20 mins walking around. Type in the apt number, verify name on touch screen, select size of locker and "poof" locker door pops open. The only problem is the extra large ones don't fit 1/4 of the packages I bring so I still have to walk to the apartment door for some. Mind u this is a large complex. I guess once I put the package in the locker and shut the door it sends a text to the receiver notifying them of their secured combination number to retrieve their package.
The training says to put ni1 ni2 ni3 for oversize boxes i think, if i remember correctly

novadriver

You get a time credit for the floor number due to the fact that you have to either wait for an elevator or use the stairs. You should not take this credit if you do not actually go to each apartment.
Our sups told us to NOT put in the floor number because it actually gives you less time.. the ups supercompooter sees it as one stop and doesnt give you more time allowance..

By The Book

I've been DR other and type locker. My manager never heard of this system before I told them about it and said locker would be fine.
When you DR other it prompts you to scan an info notice right? Have your management team put secured locker in your list of locations to DR to. So how do you handle one that fits and one that's too large for the same apartment?

L

Lizzzow

When you DR other it prompts you to scan an info notice right? Have your management team put secured locker in your list of locations to DR to. So how do you handle one that fits and one that's too large for the same apartment?
I didn't know i could request a customized dr location. That's a good idea. Thx.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

U almost have to so billing is correct, what if they have a package addressed to an apt and also the leasing office...has to be a way to put that the office packages are sheeted commercial....I will say I do have a campus as well. Stops are in board individually but they all get sheeted as one stop and like someone said before it's nice because 20 stops come outta the board just like that. Just a reminder, don't prerecord air shortly before 1030.. Once u open the stop back up if it's after 1030 it'll be late..got a verbal for doing that not thinkin