Parenting, What a challenge?

Integrity

Binge Poster
There is only one perfect parent. I hope you know Him!

That being said; I was listening to a radio program this morning that made the following claim:

No parent has ever gotten up from bed in the morning with the goal for the day was to be a bad parent. Yet we all make mistakes and are at times bad parents.

I thought that I would like to ask the BC community about this issue and statement.

Have any of you reading this gotten up from bed in the morning with the goal for the day was to be a bad parent?

Sincerely,
I

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
Parenting doesn't stop even after their grown and married! You then need to teach your adult children how to be good parents too! This job really never ends!

jaker

trolling
Parenting doesn't stop even after their grown and married! You then need to teach your adult children how to be good parents too! This job really never ends!
Right but like I said you have to step to the side and let them fail so they can learn

So yes I have got up mornings knowing I was going to be the bad guy but it has to be done

Integrity

Binge Poster
Right but like I said you have to step to the side and let them fail so they can learn

So yes I have got up mornings knowing I was going to be the bad guy but it has to be done
jekar,

I did ask if the goal was to be the bad guy, but a bad parent.

I understand you have to let them fail sometimes to see and live consequences of their decisions and actions.

I view this a good parent not bad parenting.

Sincerely,
I

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
Being a parent is the toughest job that you will ever have.

I am looking forward to becoming a grandpa in late December.
Grandparenthood is our reward for the years we went through with our kids! If you thought you had a full heart of love for your kids, you'll be overwhelmed by what you feel when you hold your first grandchild! BEST FEELING EVER!

Being a parent is the toughest job that you will ever have.

I am looking forward to becoming a grandpa in late December.
It's your chance to do all the things you couldn't do and then you get to walk home. I love holding babies. I don't know if you do or don't but when you have the chance you will be very appreciated if you do this as much as you can. Have fun.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's your chance to do all the things you couldn't do and then you get to walk home. I love holding babies. I don't know if you do or don't but when you have the chance you will be very appreciated if you do this as much as you can. Have fun.

I jokingly told my daughter she could keep him/her for the first year as I didn't want to deal with all of that stuff again. :)

I am looking forward to it. My daughter and son-in-law are both in to sports----she is a very good hockey player---and I know that they will get their kid(s) involved in sports at an early age.

I jokingly told my daughter she could keep him/her for the first year as I didn't want to deal with all of that stuff again. :)

I am looking forward to it. My daughter and son-in-law are both in to sports----she is a very good hockey player---and I know that they will get their kid(s) involved in sports at an early age.
Congratulations to you and your family.