Part time 4 hour guarantee

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Is there a handbook that states that? I haven't recieved any booklets or handbooks... but my insurance did kick in but I'm afraid I may lose it because of lack of hours I've been working
When they try to send you home...state that you want your guarantee. If they refuse...ask for your steward. If you've been there long enough to get insurance...why are you still paying initiation fees?

Christine

When they try to send you home...state that you want your guarantee. If they refuse...ask for your steward. If you've been there long enough to get insurance...why are you still paying initiation fees?
That's what they're still taking from my check... my last check I only got paid 53 bucks for 1 week... 5.33 hrs of work time. I'm afraid I may lose my insurance soon because lack of hours

That's what they're still taking from my check... my last check I only got paid 53 bucks for 1 week... 5.33 hrs of work time. I'm afraid I may lose my insurance soon because lack of hours
You only need,one punch per week. To maintain your benefits. On the downside,you are not getting enough hours for your pension credit.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was told in order to keep my benefits I need to work at least 40 hrs a month? I only made 38 hrs in the last 4 weeks -__-
Here's the deal. You've let this go on too long as it is....you need to take some GD responsibility for your job!

You're in the union....you owing back dues or unpaid initiation fees is irrelevant in terms of entitlement to union representation or getting your guarantee.

Go to work on Monday...if you are sent home early, punch out as instructed...but DO NOT leave until you find out who your steward is. If you have to ask 50 hourlies..so be it! You can't tell me no one knows who he is...someone can help you.

Also, be sure to write down your times everyday...if you are sent home before 3.5hours...note that you asked for your guarantee, and the name of the sup who sent you home.

Christine

And I am confused. I read on here that in some New England locals...PTers get insurance after 4 months. But insurance in less than 2 months??? That doesn't sound correct.
Same here. I recieved my insurance late September in the mail. When I registered online it said my benefits started 09/01/2014 when I first got hired in july. But I was told as long as I maintain 40+ hours a month, my benefits will stay active. In 4 weeks I've cleared 38hrs... so I'm afraid my insurance will get dropped

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Same here. I recieved my insurance late September in the mail. When I registered online it said my benefits started 09/01/2014 when I first got hired in july. But I was told as long as I maintain 40+ hours a month, my benefits will stay active. In 4 weeks I've cleared 38hrs... so I'm afraid my insurance will get dropped
See post #53. Why all of a sudden are they cutting you to 5 hours a week?