Part time 4 hour guarantee

jrh

It sounds good in theory, but in my building very few part timers even ask for their 3.5 hr. guarantee. I'm all for helping the part-timers get a better deal in the contract, but would it matter when a lot of them aren't using the current contract to their advantage now?
this is my feeling, everybody on my dock takes about three hours, four on mondays. I could ask for a broom or something every day but man maybe I'm just too passive aggressive. As I see it I just need another job. Aside from that I would recommend just working more slowly if you want to get your full 3.5

jrh

I called today, said they can't do anything because I'm not a union member as of yet... said management can do what ever they want til my dues are paid then the union will step in. Sucks... my job has already been threatened and I have $75 left to pay off my dues.... I'm so bummed out. I feel like I've been ripped off
If you get fired you can go to the hall and request a refund of your dues and initiation fees. If they don't represent you they don't have any legal claim to your money.