Part time air driver question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BurntSienna, Jan 11, 2016.

1. BurntSienna

BurntSienna Member

I am a part time air exception driver and a VCD.
    I work preload, deliver air whenever needed and also drive every Saturday. I've been with UPS for about a year and a half. Also drove peak last two seasons. My question is am I still on the 2 year pay progression for air driver even though I am still considered a part timer? If this is correct then I would assume I should be getting a pay raise soon.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Air driver is not your primary job so, no, you are not in the 2 yr progression.

3. BurntSienna

BurntSienna Member

OK thx for the quick reply

4. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Doesn't matter. 2 year air rate progression starts from the first day you run code 5E air exception. I went to top rate for air while a preloader.

5. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Been running air long enough to see any of the incremental pay bumps on the way to top rate?

6. BurntSienna

BurntSienna Member

No. I started running air last March

7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Then you should be receiving your 12 month raise in March. Then the 18 month raise and finally top rate after 24 months.

8. Browntown2014

Browntown2014 Active Member

Rofl you are always so horribly wrong lolololololololololol

9. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

Read Article 40 in your contract. IIRC; if you work as an air driver at least once per week, you earn 1 (one) weeks credit towards the air driver progression.

10. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Never heard that. We gain seniority for the time spent being qualified regardless have hours worked.