Part time courier after christmas

Purplepackage

I was hired as a part time courier in the middle of December, basically worked as a runner these past 2 weeks. I was hired for a 7-11am, my main question since it's super slow right now is it safe to assume that I'll be getting sent home a lot and be getting the bare minmum 17.5 hours?

Before you get on the "get out now this is a dead end" rant, I took this Job because I'm in college and 7-11am works really well with school and being guaranteed 17.5 hours a week even if I'm not there is a good thing to fall back on

dezguy

I was hired as a part time courier in the middle of December, basically worked as a runner these past 2 weeks. I was hired for a 7-11am, my main question since it's super slow right now is it safe to assume that I'll be getting sent home a lot and be getting the bare minmum 17.5 hours?

Before you get on the "get out now this is a dead end" rant, I took this Job because I'm in college and 7-11am works really well with school and being guaranteed 17.5 hours a week even if I'm not there is a good thing to fall back on
You're guaranteed at least 17.5 hours but seeing as you're still in your probation period, unless your station really needs you, I can see you getting displaced before your 90 days are up. Till then, you'll get at least 3.5 hour a day.

Purplepackage

I'm on the schedule for a few routes this week but my assumption is that they will bring me in for the sort and then give me the "not enought work to send you out"

Goldilocks

Get ready to bend over. You will be used and abused. Probably every holiday and every Thursday and Friday you will be expected to work P1 and P2. And if you don't they will retaliate by making you tuesday- saturday.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

FedEx does not hire extras like UPS. If you are permanent, you will have a route, unless you are a cover or swing driver. If you are a cover or swing, as Goldi said, prepare to bend over. If not, you will probably run a P1 route and go home.

You mentioned you are on the schedule for a few routes. Are you a PT cover?

MassWineGuy

Get ready to bend over. You will be used and abused. Probably every holiday and every Thursday and Friday you will be expected to work P1 and P2. And if you don't they will retaliate by making you tuesday- saturday.

What's wrong with Tues.-Sat.? He'd get two consecutive days off. I'm past my 90 days and soon will start delivering on Saturdays, so I'm thinking which day I would like off during the week.

whenIgetthere

What's wrong with Tues.-Sat.? He'd get two consecutive days off. I'm past my 90 days and soon will start delivering on Saturdays, so I'm thinking which day I would like off during the week.

Saturday's are easy now, what with the reduction of Amazon. Route next to me gets absorbed almost every Saturday, now I get my seven or eight hours, instead of the five I was getting. I have three P1 commits on SDR, noon, 1330 and 1630, which makes it a nice day.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

90 days in and starting threads about having the best peak in a decade...

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1420158693.674065.jpg

MassWineGuy

Just like every rookie that comes on here, telling everyone how we're wrong about everything. I give it 2 months before he see's the light.

I'll be sure to let you know how that works out. In the meantime, if you haven't yet noticed guys, we work for FedEx, not UPS. FedEx Express owns the company, not me. They also pay me, so if they want to do things a certain way, it's fine by me unless it's something totally outrageous or abusive, which to this point I haven't experienced.

Oh but yes, I know. Wait and see. Ooh, I'm scared. Quit your effin' job if you hate it that much, ok? I'm sick of hearing you guys bellyache all the time.

Nolimitz

I'll be sure to let you know how that works out. In the meantime, if you haven't yet noticed guys, we work for FedEx, not UPS. FedEx Express owns the company, not me. They also pay me, so if they want to do things a certain way, it's fine by me unless it's something totally outrageous or abusive, which to this point I haven't experienced.

Oh but yes, I know. Wait and see. Ooh, I'm scared. Quit your effin' job if you hate it that much, ok? I'm sick of hearing you guys bellyache all the time.

kool-aid overdose!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
might want to consider avoiding this forum altogether then. It's a place to vent. Iamfedex.com may be more to your liking.

It will be fine

might want to consider avoiding this forum altogether then. It's a place to vent. Iamfedex.com may be more to your liking.
I don't see as much senseless crying over on the ups side, but i don't follow it that closely. Most of the complaints on this side boil down to, "I'm old and made a poor career choice and it's all Fred's fault. Boo hoo."