Part time courier after christmas

Goldilocks

Funny, I looked around our station during peak and saw all these brand new faces. Hired Temps from a temp agency as runners. I thought to myself, Hummm, this will be Express in about 4 to 5 years. People who cant read or write....A serious problem....But who cares anymore....

Goldilocks

17395025-adult-man-holding-bottle-isolated-on-white.jpg

Another new hire ready to work...

whenIgetthere

I'll be sure to let you know how that works out. In the meantime, if you haven't yet noticed guys, we work for FedEx, not UPS. FedEx Express owns the company, not me. They also pay me, so if they want to do things a certain way, it's fine by me unless it's something totally outrageous or abusive, which to this point I haven't experienced.

Oh but yes, I know. Wait and see. Ooh, I'm scared. Quit your effin' job if you hate it that much, ok? I'm sick of hearing you guys bellyache all the time.

Fred loves EE's like you. Don't start bashing him anytime soon, since we know your station ID, won't be too hard to figure out who you are.

dezguy

I'll be sure to let you know how that works out. In the meantime, if you haven't yet noticed guys, we work for FedEx, not UPS. FedEx Express owns the company, not me. They also pay me, so if they want to do things a certain way, it's fine by me unless it's something totally outrageous or abusive, which to this point I haven't experienced.

Oh but yes, I know. Wait and see. Ooh, I'm scared. Quit your effin' job if you hate it that much, ok? I'm sick of hearing you guys bellyache all the time.
Did I say I hated my job? I actually don't mind my job most days, it's the company I don't like. I hadn't seen anything outrageous or abusive until about 5 years in when my eyes were open to what this company really is.

Not trying to scare you, just hope you see the light sooner rather than later.

You're sick of hearing us bellyache? Well I'm sick of rookies like you who think this place is like unicorn farts and sunshine. Guess we're even, eh?

dezguy

I don't see as much senseless crying over on the ups side, but i don't follow it that closely. Most of the complaints on this side boil down to, "I'm old and made a poor career choice and it's all Fred's fault. Boo hoo."
If I were getting $36 an hour after 4 years rather than having to spend 3 decades to get to FedEx's top rate, I wouldn't complain as much either.

It will be fine

If I were getting $36 an hour after 4 years rather than having to spend 3 decades to get to FedEx's top rate, I wouldn't complain as much either.
They get $36 after 4 years driving, most spend 3-5 years on the docks as part time handlers first. Then they're often cover drivers for those first 4 years. It's not special union magic that gets them paid. Once they're in and driving they work much harder than the average express driver. You're not doing as much work in a sprinter.
If you guys were at brown you'd be complaining how the union sold you out and took your healthcare and pension and everything was better 30 years ago, blah blah.
Miserable workers are going to be miserable regardless of compensation.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
If you guys were at brown you'd be complaining how the union sold you out and took your healthcare and pension and everything was better 30 years ago, blah blah.
You're absolutely right, we would be complaining if they did that. But unless I've missed something, the IBT hasn't sold out to UPS, and their pension and healthcare plans are still intact......So what on earh is your point? Are you saying that UPS drivers would be calmly accepting of it if such a scenario did indeed happen?

It will be fine

You're absolutely right, we would be complaining if they did that. But unless I've missed something, the IBT hasn't sold out to UPS, and their pension and healthcare plans are still intact......So what on earh is your point? Are you saying that UPS drivers would be calmly accepting of it if such a scenario did indeed happen?
Following Central States at all? I wouldn't count on that pension staying intact.
I hear a lot of complaints about the Teamcare coverage in their newest contract.
And yes those workers rolled over and voted yes for a contract many of them didn't really like. I was hoping they would stand up and vote it down nationally. Mostly because it would make me a lot of money if they had a strike, but they took what was offered. The teamsters can't afford to cripple UPS and everyone knows it. They are a toothless lion holding on to past gains.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Nope, haven't been following that development. But this is why I've really developed a "just don't care 'bout a union anymore" attitude (aside from the fact that I'm so close to the finish that it doesn't matter anymore to me anyway).

Folks who think that organizing Express is going to net them anywhere near what UPS drivers currently enjoy are sadly mistaken I'm afraid. Those days are past and I don't see them ever coming back.

I see UPS gradually falling towards FedEx standards in employee compensation, rather than vice-versa

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Following Central States at all? I wouldn't count on that pension staying intact.
I hear a lot of complaints about the Teamcare coverage in their newest contract.
And yes those workers rolled over and voted yes for a contract many of them didn't really like. I was hoping they would stand up and vote it down nationally. Mostly because it would make me a lot of money if they had a strike, but they took what was offered. The teamsters can't afford to cripple UPS and everyone knows it. They are a toothless lion holding on to past gains.
Just curious, what's your drivers compensation pkg in comparison to a UPS driver's?;)

It will be fine

Half my drivers cleared $80k this year. Average 9 hour days, 4 weeks paid vacation. No health benefits yet. Care to shut your mouth now? You don't know anything about Ground or the compensation packages. Please tell me how it's all a scam and contractors are all terrible mini Freds that take advantage of their workers.

MAKAVELI

Half my drivers cleared $80k this year. Average 9 hour days, 4 weeks paid vacation. No health benefits yet. Care to shut your mouth now? You don't know anything about Ground or the compensation packages. Please tell me how it's all a scam and contractors are all terrible mini Freds that take advantage of their workers.
Bullshat! Prove it!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fred loves EE's like you. Don't start bashing him anytime soon, since we know your station ID, won't be too hard to figure out who you are.

Compliant worker bees are always treasured at FedEx. I notice MassWineGuy was saying how he'd refuse all of the extra days...and he ended-up working them. Plus, there are some inconsistencies in his "history" that don't make any sense.