part time cover driver

d-rek357

I have been a cover driver for two years and make 85% of top out, based on what I'm reading will I be getting a pay cut to 18.45 as outlined in section 19b? Am I grandfathered in under the last contract?

dogs.bite.me

No. You will be red circled at your higher rate of pay until progression catches up. This will not happen until you hit top rate once you go full time

Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2008 2013 who subsequently are promoted to full-time employment under this paragraph will be red circled until such time as the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the above pro-gression.

SouthernComfort

You will keep the higher rate, however you can bet there wont be ANY cover drivers coming up to drive for $16/hour which will still lowest man on the list for many years to come. Also, NO NO NO 9.5 rights for PT cover drivers, ONLY full time(un-assigned) drivers with more than 4 years of FULL time pkg seniority will be granted 9.5 rights. "improved language for cover drivers".... this will only help 2/100 drivers.

rkctkc

Show me the article where it says I can keep my rate. I've been Tcd for 3 years. This is gonna suck

SouthernComfort

Will you have 30 days seniority before Aug 1st? Im going to guess NOPE!!!!! 30 days means 30 working days(6 weeks without one day off) Heres you $16/hour.... that will cover a 12 pack of beer and a hot dog.

Leadfarmer153

I drove in 07 got my 30 in 90. That's what it calls for. The rate was so crappy I think $16 I got paid I got another job and haven't temp drove since. Well the rate went up. Last year temps were making $22 at my center. Guess I gotta call my union rep to sort this out. Cause im confused on what my rate will be.

SouthernComfort

Just vote no.... if theres one thing on the contract you dont like.... vote no...
If you went to buy a car and it had bees in the trunk...say no
If a hot chick with herpes want to blow you....say no
If a bum on the street offers to give you a swedish massage..... do you get it yet?

d-rek357

I can see about 5 good reasons for a no:
1) no bump pay for part timers
2) vague language on tcd pay
3) 4 year progression
4) healthcare
5) no 9.5 language for cover drivers
No particular order

UPSGUY72

Show me the article where it says I can keep my rate. I've been Tcd for 3 years. This is gonna suck

read the contract / proposal so you know your rights personally don't take someone else word for the truth... If your having difficulty interpreting something ask your steward.......

SouthernComfort

When someone finds out for sure please speak up... I spoke to my BA Sec-Treas today and almost everyone of my questions got danced around... He lives in my neighborhood and has always been honest with me... But I could tell by his side-stepping something isn't good. He's the one who told me years ago... Its a $16/hour job we get paid $10 more an hour to put up with the BS, I guess they think they can "stop" the BS, then they can drop the pay to $16/hour.

mavs972

From the previous central states supplement through July 2013 "pay rate for part-time coverage work shall start at $16.10.Coverage employees who have worked one full year and workednine hundred (900) straight time hours in that year or any year fol-lowing as a coverage employee will be paid $18.45." If it was already like this before then maybe nothing will change for us TCDs making 27 an hour. I would find it hard to believe that they would gives a pay cut like that.

Leadfarmer153

The rate at our center is $21 to start as temp cover driver but back in 07 it was a lot less. How come this wage isn't laid out like all the other wages?