Part Time Fedex Courier

Because FedEx is so desperate in my district to find people willing to work for peanuts who can pass the big thrfee.... drug test, background check and driving record. Pretty slim pickings here. No speak English.... no problem. The 'New Normal' at FedEx. I could tell you some stories.

Sorry for typos.
Me speeka no Engliss...Sen*or..Here is your package and I will cut your grass on my way back to the truck!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Because FedEx is so desperate in my district to find people willing to work for peanuts who can pass the big thrfee.... drug test, background check and driving record. Pretty slim pickings here. No speak English.... no problem. The 'New Normal' at FedEx. I could tell you some stories.

Sorry for typos.

i amb loking fore a job at fedEx. i driv reel good and am reely smart. hir me now

Doc Sorting Dude

It's crazy, in our station here we have no less than 10 new couriers (PT). Where all these people are coming from I have no idea (new hires,transfers,etc..). We actually have more couriers than trucks. I do see people actually getting a full-time status but the progression is slower than turtles with ankle weights.

Ricochet1a

It's crazy, in our station here we have no less than 10 new couriers (PT). Where all these people are coming from I have no idea (new hires,transfers,etc..). We actually have more couriers than trucks. I do see people actually getting a full-time status but the progression is slower than turtles with ankle weights.

Is DRA being used in your location?

If so, these extra Couriers were hired in to prevent service failures while DRA is being ironed out (they'll add the new hires to loops which are experiencing service failures due to implementing DRA). As DRA is perfected, these Couriers will be used as de facto swings, to gradually be assigned permanent routes as the natural turnover of Couriers continues.

If you see some rental vehicles appearing, you will KNOW that it is in response to service failures.

hypo hanna

To the OP, if you really want to get into the delivery business you should get on PT with UPS and find another pt job to hold you over until a full time position opens up. You may not make as much at first but 20 years down the road you will be in much better financial shape. Ups has better pay, better healthcare and better retirement.