Part time for life?

AlphaMikeBravo

I know a few part timers in my hub that are lifers (20+ years in) that do pretty well. The highest pay rate I've seen was close to 46/hr. Started at ups right out of high school and he's not even thinking about retirement yet. He says he's put up with a lot of bull5h1t throughout the years but he stays cause he actually loves the job. And since he's got the most seniority, he's got first choice on overtime, or if he wants to go home early. He's definitely the Godfather around our block and his part time take home is probably more than most people who have a full time job here in America.

PT Car Washer

I know a few part timers in my hub that are lifers (20+ years in) that do pretty well. The highest pay rate I've seen was close to 46/hr. Started at ups right out of high school and he's not even thinking about retirement yet. He says he's put up with a lot of bull5h1t throughout the years but he stays cause he actually loves the job. And since he's got the most seniority, he's got first choice on overtime, or if he wants to go home early. He's definitely the Godfather around our block and his part time take home is probably more than most people who have a full time job here in America.
$46/hr? I think somebody is lying to you unless you mean OT rate.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I started in 1976 .
Was not a true red circle , pre-1975 had 4 hours and anything over was an automatic 8 hours . They only had two pay scales , sorters made $.10/hr more .
Starting rate was $1/hr less than driver's pay , which went up if you stayed for a year .
I started with that plan too. ( $ 7.50/hr ) , and over the years I was red circled as 4hrs at reg rate and 1.5 times up to 7.99 hours . At 8 hrs it dropped back to reg rate . So naturally I left at 7.75 hrs .
I was the last person from the 70's , I think maybe one or two from the 80's still work there . After them it's all 2000+ for start dates .
Had a couple of real red circles finish up at 40 yrs , yes they did have outside full jobs , leave before me .

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
18 years in $24 per hour $60 per year pt pension credit from 2008 on, $55 before that for only 750 hrs. $1040 per month @ 65 if I left now. Best health benefits around.4 weeks vacation,7 days personal, and 3 sick days. About $250 a week goes into Teamsters 401K and stock. What is left over is for bait, pizza, and greens fees. My full time gig pays the bills. I am in for another 5 years or a least until the next contract.
Where else would you get all the above for a part time Job??? Moving cardboard !
PS Thank you Teamsters !!!!

AlphaMikeBravo

18 years in $24 per hour $60 per year pt pension credit from 2008 on, $55 before that for only 750 hrs. $1040 per month @ 65 if I left now. Best health benefits around.4 weeks vacation,7 days personal, and 3 sick days. About $250 a week goes into Teamsters 401K and stock. What is left over is for bait, pizza, and greens fees. My full time gig pays the bills. I am in for another 5 years or a least until the next contract.
Where else would you get all the above for a part time Job??? Moving cardboard !
PS Thank you Teamsters !!!!

I was hesitant to stay at first but after talking to some guys in the hub who have been around the block doing top rate, it's evident that the pay may suck at first in the beginning, but the longer your in the better it gets. Health benefits are definitely the main attraction if you can get thru the first year. At my other job I had to pay close to $500/month just for coverage, and that was a big corporation. The extra money is just gravy.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Can you live on a p/t pension?
No way it is just an added bonus to social security and 410K dollars . Where else would you get a pension for working a part time job. If I work another 5 years PT to 66 /2 I get $4,140.00 SS and Pension combined (before taxes) per month, and do not even have to quit my office job.
PS God willing

Notcool

Do right to work states give pension to people not in the union I was in the union but didn't join till a few years in then got fired two years ago told my union rep many times to put me back in and take out dues but they never did it. Does that effect the pension

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Was p/t for 20+ , then found me some easy combo jobs ( 22.3 ) , nice way to boost up pension credit hours .
Best way not to get bumped from combo job is to take the ones that nobody wants .
Watch the bid lists , find the combo list and keep track that one nobody wants .